Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: pc gets shutdown

dion09529's Avatar Helter Skelter BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by rushalipatekar View Post
    i have an problem regarding my pc, when i start pc, pc starts normally after 5 min it shutdowns automatically, what will be the problem
    You may also have an infected PC. Try to scan your PC using Malwarebytes (http://www.malwarebytes.org/).
    The power supply can not overheat in 5 minutes unless is dying by natural causes. You can check this if those 4 capacitors inside the power supply are swollen and have a brownish colour. Check the temperature of the inductor, immediately after the PC has self shut downed.
    Or, you can post a picture here to find out what is all about.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    mjmacky's Avatar an alchemist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mjmacky View Post
    Yeah, I was iffy about it cementing myself with processor load in BIOS because I don't know how it works. I just know that when I power cycle and calibrate my laptop battery, that fucker gets hot and takes a shorter amount of time to discharge than when in Windows. And on the rare occasion I allow my desktop to not have an OS loaded, I've seen higher than typical idle temperatures (BIOS measurement accuracy ?) and the fans kickin' it like hard knocks.
    Since I only have one AMD system lying around at my fingertips right now to do a comparison on which is fair with your system macky I used a Gigabyte GA-MA78GM-S2H, which is based on the AMD 780G chipset running an AM2 X2 6400+ processor. In the BIOS specifically in the PC health area checking the readings the CPU temp was 33 degress m/b 26,CPU fanspeed was 1638rpm and system fan was 597rpm, these are all what I consider idling parameters. On intel based systems I know that with speedstepping they step down anyway to the baseline speed unless required so fan speeds will be about 30-35% of total output. Variations come in to play with custom cooling solutions, but this has a standard AMD cooler installed.
    So if it's about my desktop, I'm not about to shut down to give a no-error account, but I've seen mine in the high 30's, like 38C. To give you an idea, the system's been encoding for about an hour now and the temp is 40C. It usually idles at 25-27C. Could be a motherboard-based behavior, like maybe for a thing like Snee was mentioning, e.g. for tweaking. Couldn't that also be dependent on BIOS revision? I don't think it's chipset related. Either way, I don't think it's always the case, so nevermind trying to use the tactic to help OP who properly fucked off. I say properly because he's probably only here for some invites.
    I did find this just now:
    http://www.overclock.net/t/1182045/cpu-usage-in-bios
    Everything is brought to you by Fjohürs Lykkewe.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    Artemis's Avatar ¿ןɐɯɹou ǝq ʎɥʍ BT Rep: +3

Since I only have one AMD system lying around at my fingertips right now to do a comparison on which is fair with your system macky I used a Gigabyte GA-MA78GM-S2H, which is based on the AMD 780G chipset running an AM2 X2 6400+ processor. In the BIOS specifically in the PC health area checking the readings the CPU temp was 33 degress m/b 26,CPU fanspeed was 1638rpm and system fan was 597rpm, these are all what I consider idling parameters. On intel based systems I know that with speedstepping they step down anyway to the baseline speed unless required so fan speeds will be about 30-35% of total output. Variations come in to play with custom cooling solutions, but this has a standard AMD cooler installed.
    So if it's about my desktop, I'm not about to shut down to give a no-error account, but I've seen mine in the high 30's, like 38C. To give you an idea, the system's been encoding for about an hour now and the temp is 40C. It usually idles at 25-27C. Could be a motherboard-based behavior, like maybe for a thing like Snee was mentioning, e.g. for tweaking. Couldn't that also be dependent on BIOS revision? I don't think it's chipset related. Either way, I don't think it's always the case, so nevermind trying to use the tactic to help OP who properly fucked off. I say properly because he's probably only here for some invites.
    Still haven't slept, speeling errors are creeping in, and I can't bothered hunting back through the posts to track it down exactly but your cpu is a Phenom 865 from memory? so it's a 130w 2ndGeneration Quad-core model which has been encoding for an hour so all four cores have been doing warp speed captain like they should. Yes that'd be when I'd get the marshmallows out put them on sticks and pop the side off the case.
    Last edited by Artemis; 04-30-2012 at 07:12 PM.

4d7920686f76657263726166742069732066756c6c206f662065656c73

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    mjmacky's Avatar an alchemist?

Still haven't slept, speeling errors are creeping in, and I can't bothered hunting back through the posts to track it down exactly but your cpu is a Phenom 865 from memory? so it's a 130w 2ndGeneration Quad-core model which has been encoding for an hour so all four cores have been doing warp speed captain like they should. Yes that'd be when I'd get the marshmallows out put them on sticks and pop the side off the case.
    It's the 955 BE, but your point was taken, it should be mellting vault doors like a plasma cutter sitting under load. Well I have a big ass heatsink sitting on top of it, a Zalman CNPS10x Performa keeping her cool, and he doesn't let her go above 41C. I had to switch cases just to get it to fit, not complaining though since my new case is much awesomer than my old one.
    Everything is brought to you by Fjohürs Lykkewe.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    Chewie's Avatar Chew E. Bakke
    Quote Originally Posted by rushalipatekar View Post
    i have an problem regarding my pc, when i start pc, pc starts normally after 5 min it shutdowns automatically, what will be the problem
    When you say it shuts down, do you mean that it goes through the whole "shutting down windows..." bit and turning off as if you'd told it to shut down, or does it just go *plink* and it's off all of a sudden? Does it make any beeping noises before it goes off?
    Just to clarify - we are talking about a desktop here, aren't we?

Quote Originally Posted by dion09529 View Post
    You may also have an infected PC. Try to scan your PC using Malwarebytes (http://www.malwarebytes.org/).
    The power supply can not overheat in 5 minutes unless is dying by natural causes. You can check this if those 4 capacitors inside the power supply are swollen and have a brownish colour. Check the temperature of the inductor, immediately after the PC has self shut downed.
    Or, you can post a picture here to find out what is all about.
    A power supply can overheat without being at death's door. Its internals could be smothered in dust, for a start. If it has overheat protection it should switch off before lasting damage is done.
    There isn't a bargepole long enough for me to work on [a Sony Viao] - clocker 2008

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    newsgroupie
    Can you feel the KARMA?

About rushalipatekar

rushali patekar, marketing executive in digital marketing company in india
    Code:
    http://www.internetmarketingforums.net/members/rushalipatekar.html
    "I am definitely not trying to plug our site" -- nntpjunkie

7. Software & Hardware   -   #17
    Quote Originally Posted by zot View Post
    Can you feel the KARMA?

About rushalipatekar

rushali patekar, marketing executive in digital marketing company in india
    Code:
    http://www.internetmarketingforums.net/members/rushalipatekar.html
    I'm beginning to get the urge to tell every new user who posts thread like this to die a horrible death on general principles since in 99% of the cases it is a formula for spammers, I can handle the apologies I have to make to the 1% I insult, but this is starting to get ridiculous......douchebags.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #18
    newsgroupie
    That site -internetmarketingforums.net- is all about crooks, liars, and spammers bragging about their creative ways to scam people. Here is one such story:

As I was sitting at my desk around 8pm one evening, I did some brainstorming for a few minutes, and then it hit me!

I decided to move to the roof of my house as a sign of protest against my wife for insisting that our children sleep in our bed. So, I immediately got on my computer and cranked out a press release announcing my strike, and my online petition drive.

The petition was used to collect email addresses, so I could “UPDATE” visitors on my progress. This led to over 14,000 Opt-In emails. I knew that this story had tremendous potential, because of the unusual nature of my strike. As you can imagine, my wheels were spinning a thousand miles per hour, as to the quickest way to drive people to my Husband On Strike web site.

I knew the quickest way to do that was through FREE Publicity! It took me less than 20 MINUTES to write my press release.

The next morning, I blasted my press release out to all the media outlets in my state.

By 10am two days later, I received “THOUSANDS” of hits to my HUSBAND ON STRIKE web site, people were signing my “petition” by the thousands, because of several mentions on a local talk radio show.

By the 2nd day, the site was getting 20-40,000 hits per hour, to check on the signature count and view updates on my blog. It was truly an incredible event!

I had not paid ONE penny for all this FREE publicity!

But it gets even better…

On the 5th day after my press release was sent out, three local television news stations, CNN, MSNBC, GERALDO, DR.Phil, and hundreds of other media outlets did segments about my strike. As you can imagine, after these outlets featured my story, I had thousands and thousands more visitors coming to my site.

Now, many of you are asking your-self what benefit I got out of this other than a bunch of people visiting the web site. Well, let me tell you the simple thing I did to generate thousands of dollars in product sales.

I put text link ads to affiliate products and Google Adsense ads on my homepage…
    That story was all over the news a few years ago. Now we know it was a total scam perpetrated by a con-artist who is proud of the way he picked people's pockets of thousands of dollars!

Code:
    http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/story?id=1780687
    "I am definitely not trying to plug our site" -- nntpjunkie

9. Software & Hardware   -   #19
    There will be a power supply issue or over heating problem.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #20
    Quote Originally Posted by shopperpk View Post
    There will be a power supply issue or over heating problem.
    And soon from this deeply inciteful poaster who added absolutely zero to the thread will be.....I'm guessing a nice shiny spam link in a week to two weeks time judging from the username. I just can't wait to click on that link.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12