Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Thread: Two great shows have been renewed for another season by the CW network!

megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Quote Originally Posted by mjmacky View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by megabyteme View Post
    I guess largely, I found the style fatiguing. Too much bombardment, I think...
    I guess I just got used to it, and if I recall the pacing shifts dramatically, it may have been fatiguing but I'm just not recalling it that way.
    Just watched 4 minutes of the same clip I posted yesterday looking for what made it difficult for me to watch. There are constant sharp cuts (intentionally, as a style, I'm sure) which make it jarring. EDIT- Along with the constant shifts in pacing. -END EDIT. I'd still call that "fatiguing". I've tried anime (right word, isn't it?) before, and have never really connected with it the way fans of it do.
    Last edited by megabyteme; 05-10-2012 at 10:42 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

2. Movies & TV   -   #42
    mjmacky's Avatar an alchemist?
    Quote Originally Posted by megabyteme View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mjmacky View Post

I guess I just got used to it, and if I recall the pacing shifts dramatically, it may have been fatiguing but I'm just not recalling it that way.
    Just watched 4 minutes of the same clip I posted yesterday looking for what made it difficult for me to watch. There are constant sharp cuts (intentionally, as a style, I'm sure) which make it jarring. EDIT- Along with the constant shifts in pacing. -END EDIT. I'd still call that "fatiguing". I've tried anime (right word, isn't it?) before, and have never really connected with it the way fans of it do.
    If I were in the business of recommending anime, I'd probably send you over to a series called Monster. It's on Hulu, though I don't know if it's regular or Hulu+.
    As with any series, I wouldn't recommend the dubbed version. I'm just saying there's a long list of series I'd put above Kurozuka, so I don't know how you tricked me into trying to sell that one to you.

If I were in the business of recommending amines, I'd probably ask what your intended purpose was. They can be toxic and pungent, so you know, I just have to be more careful with that subject.
    Everything is brought to you by Fjohürs Lykkewe.

3. Movies & TV   -   #43
    ckrit's Avatar Flagpole
    Kemonozume is basically the most accessible anime evar.

Whoever clicks that link, make sure no small children or sensitive people are in the room, btw. I'd link something Shigurui (lovely story) as well, but don't really have any favourite clips to link available.
    Last edited by ckrit; 05-11-2012 at 01:26 PM.
    ckrit d<rit c|<rit

Mi signotaur > urs.

4. Movies & TV   -   #44
    manker's Avatar effendi
    lol wtf

If ever I run out of things to watch that aren't anime, I'm definitely going to watch some of that anime.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

5. Movies & TV   -   #45
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Quote Originally Posted by ckrit View Post
    Kemonozume is basically the most accessible anime evar.
    I won't go into any details, but that is A LOT like how my first kiss went.
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

6. Movies & TV   -   #46
    mjmacky's Avatar an alchemist?
    I can only guess mine was a little more awkward.
    Everything is brought to you by Fjohürs Lykkewe.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345