Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: I Keep My Computer On 24/7

Monkeee's Avatar Post Whore
    is it safe or is it gonna explode on my face? I LOVE MY COMPUTER!

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Darth Sushi's Avatar Sushi Lord
    My computer has been on for almost two years now.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    same same same. hasnt blown p yet

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    abu_has_the_power's Avatar I have cool stars
    i just think it would use too much electricity, and it's not like i have something to dl 24/7. i should. would be nice. everyone else does, but i don't want the elec bill to go crazy

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Double Agent
    Originally posted by abu_has_the_power@18 November 2003 - 04:34
    i just think it would use too much electricity, and it's not like i have something to dl 24/7. i should. would be nice. everyone else does, but i don't want the elec bill to go crazy
    yes it would waste electro if you have like 7 fans installed into your computer... and CRT monitors...

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Originally posted by james_bond_rulez+17 November 2003 - 23:37--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (james_bond_rulez &#064; 17 November 2003 - 23:37)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-abu_has_the_power@18 November 2003 - 04:34
    i just think it would use too much electricity, and it&#39;s not like i have something to dl 24/7. i should. would be nice. everyone else does, but i don&#39;t want the elec bill to go crazy
    yes it would waste electro if you have like 7 fans installed into your computer... and CRT monitors... [/b][/quote]
    i turn my crt off when i leave it on overnight. but yea, i have, umm... 3 case fans, 2 psu fans, 2 hd cooler fans, 1 hsf, and 1 tiny hd fan for my hd tray. that&#39;s 9 fans total&#33; wow. yea. is there a way to check how much elec my pc is using total?

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    bob_the_alien's Avatar Bob The Alien
    I keep mine on 24/7,
    I don&#39;t really think you PC use enough electricity to worry about your bill, I have two PCs, the main one I keep on all the time, but I used to keep both on all the time.
    The electric bill is virtually the same now as it was when I kept both PCs on, so I don&#39;t think you have to worry about crazy electric bills, just because of your PC.
    "Where did he go, George, Where did he go?"

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Virtualbody1234's Avatar Forum Star BT Rep: +2
    I leave mine on all the time. As for power consumption issue, look into the power management systems that are built into your PC.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Originally posted by Virtualbody1234@17 November 2003 - 23:48
    I leave mine on all the time. As for power consumption issue, look into the power management systems that are built into your PC.
    and is that the thingy in control panel?

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    Monkeee's Avatar Post Whore
    Originally posted by abu_has_the_power+18 November 2003 - 05:15--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (abu_has_the_power @ 18 November 2003 - 05:15)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Virtualbody1234@17 November 2003 - 23:48
    and is that the thingy in control panel? [/b][/quote]
    i think its in the desktop properties and click on screensaver TAB button and there&#39;s a power button

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast