Page 6 of 66 FirstFirst ... 34567891656 ... LastLast

Thread: Post HERE for POST COUNT ONLY (Get into BT TRADE/BEG Section)

manker's Avatar effendi
    Quote Originally Posted by tralalala View Post
    Yeah, obviously.. But I suppose pursuing a first degree in something relatively easy yet totally boring is hardly worth the monies put into it..

Then again, how far can you get with economics & international relations..?
    In Israel? one imagines that you'd certainly be busy

What I quickly referred to there without actually saying what I was on about is that from a prospective employer's point of view, they don't care much about the year by year modular specifics of the degree - so long as it's in the right field. They're interested in how you applied yourself, whether you have the dedication to study hard enough for three years to get a top class grade because that lends itself to being a committed employee.
    Zero percent chance of me listening, but that's what I'd tell the 18 year old me.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

2. Lounge   -   #52
    Squeamous's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by manker View Post
    n'awhh

I think you're rodding me. Surely everyone knows what torrents are ... but then you bother with Les and he did pay for KaZaa-pro, so idk.
    It's a system of linking to other people's computers to share files. Usually, but not always, illegally. To download things like films and gheymes and music. You might have heard of The Pirate Bay, it's a site (called a tracker) where you download these torrents and then they tell your computer who to link up with to get the download of your choice.

You can't just get into the BT invite section of the board because the mods from the before time decided they had to 'contribute' to the forum before they used it to get invites to these torrent sites.
    If I had my way, I'd remove the prior posting requirements, corral them with internet rope and confine them there forever.
    No, I didn't know about those things. I still buy music and films and things, although I have advanced to buying music digitally now!
    Why do these sites require invites? Is it because it's illegal otherwise?

3. Lounge   -   #53
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Quote Originally Posted by Squeamous View Post
    n'awhh

I think you're rodding me. Surely everyone knows what torrents are ... but then you bother with Les and he did pay for KaZaa-pro, so idk.
    It's a system of linking to other people's computers to share files. Usually, but not always, illegally. To download things like films and gheymes and music. You might have heard of The Pirate Bay, it's a site (called a tracker) where you download these torrents and then they tell your computer who to link up with to get the download of your choice.

You can't just get into the BT invite section of the board because the mods from the before time decided they had to 'contribute' to the forum before they used it to get invites to these torrent sites.
    If I had my way, I'd remove the prior posting requirements, corral them with internet rope and confine them there forever.
    No, I didn't know about those things. I still buy music and films and things, although I have advanced to buying music digitally now!
    No. it's always illegal to steal intellectual property. They do the invite thing to ensure people share and it makes things a little more private for the shady goings on probably to exploit 13 year olds or w.e.
    Congrats on the digital music, btw, have you heard of Napster, it's this great place you can download music for free

How much do you spend on films and music? I go to the cinema occasionally but I haven't bought any films nor music since I got broadband in, idk, 2003 or something else.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

4. Lounge   -   #54
    Artemis's Avatar ¿ןɐɯɹou ǝq ʎɥʍ BT Rep: +3
    n'awhh

Some Bittorrent Trackers are public i.e. any one can join like a public library simply sign up and you are away ( The PirateBay is the most famous example of this ) others are private, they have a restricted membership in terms of the number of members, and also who joins. The 'who' in this case varies wildly from tracker to tracker, since the rules are set by the person or group of people who are in charge of the tracker but there are basic categories.

A: The staff invite only tracker - as it says anyone who becomes a member must be approved by a member of staff, a moderator or above of the tracker.

B: Invite - members of the tracker gain invites for whatever reason then invite their friends ( or trade the invite ).

C: Application - various kinds of application processes, either via forum, IM or more commonly IRC channel to join the tracker.

Some private bit torrent trackers are considered 'rare' and are therefore prized as scalps by people who collect such things. They actually have little interest in participating, but feel some sort of twisted pride in having acquired these trackers. It is a longer more tawdry story but I have tried to give you the Readers Digest abridged version.

4d7920686f76657263726166742069732066756c6c206f662065656c73

5. Lounge   -   #55
    Squeamous's Avatar Poster
    No. it's always illegal to steal intellectual property. They do the invite thing to ensure people share and it makes things a little more private for the shady goings on probably to exploit 13 year olds or w.e.
    Congrats on the digital music, btw, have you heard of Napster, it's this great place you can download music for free

How much do you spend on films and music? I go to the cinema occasionally but I haven't bought any films nor music since I got broadband in, idk, 2003 or something else.
    I don't know, it sounds like an awful lot of hooha. I don't buy much music or films at all, I usually use Spotify or get stuff burned for me by friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
    Some Bittorrent Trackers are public i.e. any one can join like a public library simply sign up and you are away ( The PirateBay is the most famous example of this ) others are private, they have a restricted membership in terms of the number of members, and also who joins. The 'who' in this case varies wildly from tracker to tracker, since the rules are set by the person or group of people who are in charge of the tracker but there are basic categories.

A: The staff invite only tracker - as it says anyone who becomes a member must be approved by a member of staff, a moderator or above of the tracker.

B: Invite - members of the tracker gain invites for whatever reason then invite their friends ( or trade the invite ).

C: Application - various kinds of application processes, either via forum, IM or more commonly IRC channel to join the tracker.

Some private bit torrent trackers are considered 'rare' and are therefore prized as scalps by people who collect such things. They actually have little interest in participating, but feel some sort of twisted pride in having acquired these trackers. It is a longer more tawdry story but I have tried to give you the Readers Digest abridged version.
    So it's like a geek's private member's club?
    Last edited by Squeamous; 05-10-2012 at 12:52 PM.

6. Lounge   -   #56
    Artemis's Avatar ¿ןɐɯɹou ǝq ʎɥʍ BT Rep: +3
    I don't know, it sounds like an awful lot of hooha. I don't buy much music or films at all, I usually use Spotify or get stuff burned for me by friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Artemis View Post

So it's like a geek's private member's club?
    I really, really wouldn't call them geeks, well the trophy hunters anyway, they are 13-17 years old, young dumb and full of cum and at that arrogant age when they KNOW everything, and everything should be about them because yes, the world does as a matter of fact revolve around them!

4d7920686f76657263726166742069732066756c6c206f662065656c73

7. Lounge   -   #57
    tralalala's Avatar The Almighty
    Quote Originally Posted by tralalala View Post
    Yeah, obviously.. But I suppose pursuing a first degree in something relatively easy yet totally boring is hardly worth the monies put into it..

Then again, how far can you get with economics & international relations..?
    In Israel? one imagines that you'd certainly be busy

What I quickly referred to there without actually saying what I was on about is that from a prospective employer's point of view, they don't care much about the year by year modular specifics of the degree - so long as it's in the right field. They're interested in how you applied yourself, whether you have the dedication to study hard enough for three years to get a top class grade because that lends itself to being a committed employee.
    Zero percent chance of me listening, but that's what I'd tell the 18 year old me.
    Brilliant

I'm still sort of in the process of deciding how to build up the next year and a half until the semester of October 2013 dawns upon us.. So am taking it nice and easy, relaxing and trying to enjoy myself.. Problem is, in Israel, there are too many things going on around you that simply piss you off enough to be able to want buy a summer house on the moon or something.. Seriously, sometimes it feels like living in a shithole. People just think everything's about themselves. Take the latest political crap that happened this week. The head of the opposition literally said "fine, I don't care if you don't vote for me next time, I just want my shiny new minister seat and my bumped up salary for the next year and a half, so you can all fuck off and do something else".

Lucky there's Tony Bennett in the background to sooth my irritations

8. Lounge   -   #58
    manker's Avatar effendi
    This spam thread hasn't really worked out, no bittards have used it yet and we're having a considered conversation that's now touching on politics.
    I suppose the irony was inevitable :]

I've always found the complexities of Israeli politics a little too rich for my tastes so I've no idea what you're talking about, but that doesn't mean I didn't learn something.
    Hope the relaxing and the subsequent studies go well and that you get your knob wet on a regular basis, which is, after all, what university is all about.

9. Lounge   -   #59
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    I suppose we simply need to use reverse psychology on 'em and mark all threads as such...
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

10. Lounge   -   #60
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    wot's up peeps.aNyone no of some gud dubstep or if Battleship rawks like Transformers 2?
    Respect my lack of authority.

Page 6 of 66 FirstFirst ... 34567891656 ... LastLast