Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How Hard Is It To Upgrade Your Processor?

Poster
    First you will have to find the cpu's pins at that size 1.5 it has to be a "Willamette"
    which came in two favours 423 or the newer 478 pin verison, as the Northwoods (478) only started at 1.8mhz.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    Poster
    upgrade it 2 a Windows XP

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    i have built my own computer.....what u wanna do is find out if u mo board is amd or intel based...then go tio tigerdirect.com and get whatever speed cpu u want...i recommend instead ofupgrading just ur cpu get a mo board- cpu combo from tiger then get install guides and stick it in ur computer...it takes time but if u want to do it it is definately worth it!

i have an amd athlon xp +2220 and its speed is clocked at 1.9 gigahertz which is just about all u need right now...considering it works well and is cheap...good buy.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    i have my own company and i am willing to make u a computer that meets ur needs....i have my own website though it is not finished...here is the ip address.......http://216.156.33.229...there it is contact me if u want a computer made....the ones on the website is not all we have.....u can tell us what u want or how much u wanna spend and we will hook u up wit the best we got!

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    Poster
    Originally posted by SciManAl@18 November 2003 - 08:34
    one pointer never get a soldering iron even remotly close to a mobo unless you know what you are doing and even then i ask WHY???

umm i am not a P4 expert, but you will most likely need a new mobo and proccesor and possibly ram, however that will be vary expensive, expect to pay a few huindred dollars for the CPU alone, then again if you want to switch to an AMD set up (your choise) you could get a mobo and a cpu for about the price of one of intels cpus, and then start stacking ram on that and your system will be nice, i suggest to you (if you go amd) to get the barton core 2500+ and a mobo to match(others will post with the mobo, these poeple at the board aren't as a lazy as me) and plop in some pc2700 ddr ram about 1, or 1/2 half gig...

Hope that helps
    pay no attention to this jackass. obviously hes hugging the makers of AMD's nutsack. hey moron your right your not a Pentium Person so dont comment on them. if u like Pentium then get a 2.4B u can over clock them very easily to a 3.0 i got a MOBO with 512 and a 2.4B for not much actually. or even a 2.0 and you'll be fine for a while. if u want to go with AMD by all means do it but dont trust AMD fanboys. their like Satans children and talk alot of shit. i kick AMD nut huggers in person.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    I'd say ignore ALL of the previous advice and get that new fatherboard that you mentioned in your first post.

if u like Pentium then get a 2.4B u can over clock them very easily to a 3.0 i got a MOBO with 512 and a 2.4B for not much actually. or even a 2.0 and you'll be fine for a while. if u want to go with AMD by all means do it but dont trust AMD fanboys. their like Satans children and talk alot of shit. i kick AMD nut huggers in person.
    Pitbul, presumably you can PROVE this, or are we simply to take your word on it?
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

7. Software & Hardware   -   #17
    hey fag...get me a p4 2.4 gh cpu for $60...then u can talk!

8. Software & Hardware   -   #18
    Poster
    Originally posted by Pitbul@19 November 2003 - 01:30
    pay no attention to this jackass. obviously hes hugging the makers of AMD's nutsack. hey moron your right your not a Pentium Person so dont comment on them. if u like Pentium then get a 2.4B u can over clock them very easily to a 3.0 i got a MOBO with 512 and a 2.4B for not much actually. or even a 2.0 and you'll be fine for a while. if u want to go with AMD by all means do it but dont trust AMD fanboys. their like Satans children and talk alot of shit. i kick AMD nut huggers in person.
    not cool -

intel is overpriced and over sucky imo.

viva AMD!

9. Software & Hardware   -   #19
    _John_Lennon_'s Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by kurtsl0an@18 November 2003 - 20:37

viva AMD!
    Why cant people get this,

If you care about money, -> Get AMD.
    If you dont care about money -> Get Intel

10. Software & Hardware   -   #20
    Poster
    Originally posted by _John_Lennon_+19 November 2003 - 02:56--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (_John_Lennon_ @ 19 November 2003 - 02:56)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-kurtsl0an@18 November 2003 - 20:37

viva AMD&#33;
    Why cant people get this,

If you care about money, -> Get AMD.
    If you dont care about money -> Get Intel [/b][/quote]
    y did u quote me??????

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast