Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Baseball Chat

Poster
    The MVP results are in

AL A-Rod
    NL Barry Bonds

2. Lounge   -   #2
    A-Rod won the MVP and is now on the trading block, with the $70+ million left on his contract.

3. Lounge   -   #3
    Poster
    yep i think the yankees should trade jeter than go after a-rod

4. Lounge   -   #4
    Originally posted by The Real Santa@18 November 2003 - 17:52
    there is no way Mr Steinbrenner would ever do that. I heard the Sox have expressed an interest. Nomar's time is limited in Boston anyway.

5. Lounge   -   #5
    Honey's Avatar unbreakable
    Originally posted by The Real Santa@19 November 2003 - 06:52
    yikes!!!.... from the Yankees #1 aussie fan... no way!!... Jeter stays...

i dont think the Yankees need to touch their batting or fielding lineup right now...

the only thing they need to do is replace Clemens, trade Weaver, make Boomer train in the offseason... and add a bit of bite in the bullpen... B)

but trade Jeter.... NO WAY!!!

6. Lounge   -   #6
    Poster
    come on jeter ain't that good #2 the yankees have no right fielder no bench the need bats weaver who are u gonna trade him for a bat boy?

7. Lounge   -   #7
    Karim Garcia will slot in at right field or Rivera... nothing wrong with either of them.. remeber that Garcia was only traded to the Yankees in July or was it August?..

and Weaver was just a joke!.. he's just another of the people that may have been doing good BEFORE he became a Yankee but when he became one he just couldnt cut it...

as always when the yankees are having to do a bit of rebuilding everyone seems to think that its a quick fix and its not.. like most things it takes time... Rueben Sierra is terrific from the bench... keep working with David Deluci he's gonna be just fine too... Rivera is good from the bench too...

have i convinced you yet?..

8. Lounge   -   #8
    Poster
    no not unless the players meet their potential which they haven't and probibly arent you can't just expect they are gonna preform thats why u need a backup plan and they really don't have one

9. Lounge   -   #9
    yeah.. but.... Garcia, Rivera, Delucci, Sierra have all shown they have the potential... but they are all just finding their way...

traditionally the Yankees have done good stuff by bringing up players from their farm system... and i think the success on the board is due to them sticking with that policy ...

the only place i can see where they need to do a bit of work is with their pitching rotation... and i honestly cannot see Weaver making good... Contrerras should now become the long relief... i think he did an excellent job of that... shame they traded Sterling Hitchcock...i think he would have been an asset...

wouldnt be a bad idea to try and buy out the contract of the pitcher from the Marlins... (the guy that pitched the winning game).. he would be a bonus if they can get him...

thoughts?

10. Lounge   -   #10
    bigboab's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Thats it. After all this talk of baseball?. I think Ozbabe is Clocker in drag.
    To think I called him/her honey.
    The best way to keep a secret:- Tell everyone not to tell anyone.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast