Thread: Ps2 Modchip!

i been looking 4 ps2 modchip, but didnt get 1 yet, becauze of ta prices. any1 c any great deal pleas let me no (it don matter if boot disc required) tankz lot.............

2. Games   -   #2
    Poster
    www.evolutionmods.com Get The SmartChip

3. Games   -   #3
    Aaron_T's Avatar A duck is watching.
    something amazing my friend dropped his PS2 on the floor then he tried a downloaded game in it and the bloody thing played perfectly!!!!!!!!!!!!

this is no lie even though it sounds really daft
    Those who dont learn from the past are doomed to repeat It.

4. Games   -   #4
    i doubt its the fact that he dropped it please tell me what version is the ps2

5. Games   -   #5
    Aaron_T's Avatar A duck is watching.
    its the new silver one he dropped it as soon as he got it out of the box he assumes the impact changed something inside and made it work (maybe) my friend doesnt normally lie
    Those who dont learn from the past are doomed to repeat It.

6. Games   -   #6
    ta silver one might be a new version n it can play any kind of disc

7. Games   -   #7
    i mean the exact version number its on the browser

8. Games   -   #8
    namzuf9's Avatar Poster
    The mod chips themselves are cheap enough its the fitting that sets you back. The cheapest I could find to fit a messiah mod was £100 in the UK. I only wanted it so I could play my downloaded DivX movies.
    If you want the cheapest option go for a either a no solder mod with swapmagic boot disks or a flip top case mod.
    I've got a no solder mod which is easy to fit. All you have to do is open up the casing of the PS2 remove the main body of the internals and remove a few ribbon cables to plug into the chip. The way it work is it acts as a bridge between the eject button and the PS2 allowing you to use the boot disk and then swap it for a back-up game without the PS2 knowing it.
    The flip top mod uses the same boot disk method but allows you to swap the disk by opening up a lid on the top of the case (like some portable CD players).

The boot disk method has its limitations though. For CD back ups (i.e. DVD rips) the maximum game size is 640 megs and I think theres a few DVD back ups it wont play although I'm not sure which ones as I mainly use the mod to watch my Divx movies