Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Vegetarianism

Originally posted by gemby!@19 November 2003 - 22:13
    why do people have somethign against veggies ??

all they do is not eat meat

a couple of 'friends' dont like me being a veggie - it just bugs them !!!

i just dont get some people !!!!
    Why do people not like homosexuals? It seems un-natural and it confuses people. I, personally, have no problem with vegetarians.
    Aren't we in the trust tree, thingey?

2. Lounge   -   #32
    Gemby!'s Avatar Poster
    someone said i irritate them cos im veggie - even though they have never seen me eat
    Single handedly destroying the NHS from the inside

3. Lounge   -   #33
    Ex-member
    A lot of carrion-eaters feel threatened by vegetarians, as if the veggies are morally superior to them in some way.

Of course, I would say that veggies are, but that's just my opinion

4. Lounge   -   #34
    DarthInsinuate's Avatar Died in battle
    Originally posted by hobbes@19 November 2003 - 21:18
    Why do people not like homosexuals? It seems un-natural and it confuses people.
    i think that's pretty much it - i also don't like it when you have to make special arrangements for veggies, it complicates things
    The Sexay Half Of ABBA And Max: Freelance Plants

5. Lounge   -   #35
    Gemby!'s Avatar Poster
    i just eat whateva everyone else is eatign but without the meat part

say a normal sunday dinner thing - i have more potatoes
    Single handedly destroying the NHS from the inside

6. Lounge   -   #36

I used to love meat, poultry, fish, eggs and dairy. That was until i learned about the practice of intensive farming, at which point i chose to not eat animal products ever again. It's my decision, i don't spend my life imposing it on other people.

With regards to health, look at modern obesity levels.

7. Lounge   -   #37
    Originally posted by LTJBukem+19 November 2003 - 22:24--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (LTJBukem &#064; 19 November 2003 - 22:24)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by hobbes@19 November 2003 - 21:18
    <!--QuoteBegin-gemby&#33;
    @19 November 2003 - 22:13
    why do people have somethign against veggies ??

all they do is not eat meat

a couple of &#39;friends&#39; dont like me being a veggie - it just bugs them &#33;&#33;&#33;

i just dont get some people &#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

Why do people not like homosexuals? It seems un-natural. I, personally, have no problem with vegetarians.
    edit

I used to love meat, poultry, fish, eggs and dairy. That was until i learned about the practice of intensive farming, at which point i chose to not eat animal produxts ever again. It&#39;s my decision, i don&#39;t spend my life inposing it on other people.

With regards to health, look at modern obesity levels.[/b][/quote]
    I&#39;m sorry, I don&#39;t know what you mean? I have only, in the past, explained my position on why I eat meat and why I think that is part of what I was meant to eat from a biological standpoint. I have never told people they had to eat meat. If you had read the thread you would have seen "my rule", but you again seem refractory to this visual skill.

I never made a single comment that I felt that vegetarians were "bad", going to the point of lauding those who stopped partaking of meat because of the treatment of animals.

Try and not to take a single disagreement we had and turn it into a crusade.

8. Lounge   -   #38

Erm...... never mind.......

9. Lounge   -   #39
    UKMan's Avatar Poster
    Not wanting to sound comical or sarcastic or witty, but i actually eat meat AND vegatables. I have full respect for people who choose to eat whatever they want.

One of my daughters is vegatarian - do i dis-respect her? Of course not&#33; Do i try to change her? Of course not. Is it because she is my daughter that i choose not to sway her? Of course not. I respect her wishes to eat whatever she chooses. I do not question it because i do not have the right. She dos&#39;nt try to change me and respects my way of life as i do hers.

Untill we all realise what this life we live together is all about, untill we have understood the direction we are going, i think a little more respect and tolerance is needed. We ALL have the right to choose what WE think is right.

I do however turn my back on millitant and fanatical behaviour - both pro and anti.

Peace
    UKMan

10. Lounge   -   #40
    Originally posted by LTJBukem@19 November 2003 - 22:40
    edit

Sorry that i have resorted to name calling, but you are a prick.
    Sorry old bean, but I was giving Gemby a generalization, not a personal opinion. Homophobia indicates an irrational fear or discrimination, I simply made an analogy.

Here is a link to another forum where I discuss the issue (I am Hobbes there):
    Hobbes on homosexuality

You can read what I posted if you care, but let me post the reply from a male homosexual.

Vamp

A commentary regarding Hobbes&#39; post.
    Hobbes, my friend. I&#39;d like to thank you for giving this thread one of the most well-written and intellectually grand posts that I have ever seen. I&#39;m very glad that you weren&#39;t touchy to say that homosexuals can be disgusting to you. In my opinion, that&#39;s a natural thing, depending on who you are. I think that this is comparable to that one armed girl that you may see on the street. You look at this fellow human being and although she is just that, you may get a chill down your spine. This is simply because it is something that is very unfarmiliar and uncomfortable.

What it comes down to is human nature and conditioning.

I&#39;d love to write more, but the relatives are here. Time to celebrate Giftmas. Happy holidays and love to everyone.... er, at least everyone worth loving
    You can continue to attempt to villainize me if you wish, but actually, I am a pretty nice chap.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast