Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Random anti-Nazi cycling fred as requested by Barbarossa

IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Originally there was only the yellow jersey competition but to generate more overall interest by sponsors,riders and the general public they created "secondary" jerseys (green-points ,polka dot-mountains ,combination-now defunct and white-best young rider)

The points jersey is intended to reward the best sprinter but controversy has followed it because one can win it by consistency without ever proving to be the fastest man.
    The exact points system has evolved over time to try to compensate for this with maximum points(35) and places (25) being reserved for the flattest stages with fewer given once the course points upward.

There are also intermediate sprints but these are more a reward given to breakaways and being very few points( 3,2,1) allotted rarely pursued,except to hammer home a point-no pun intended, by the true sprinters.

At the end of the tour whoever has accrued the most points gets the Green Jersey.Unlike the Yellow, time doesn't factor into it.

In the before time a guy like Sean Kelly could win without a team but now placement in sprints is largely determined by your leadout men.
    Last edited by IdolEyes787; 06-29-2012 at 09:48 PM.
    Respect my lack of authority.

2. Sports Club   -   #12
    Snee's Avatar Error xɐʇuʎs BT Rep: +1
    Whatevar. They should switch out those boring crabon bikes for bmx bikes, and do a bunch of tricks on the way.

It'd be awesome.
    Last edited by Snee; 06-29-2012 at 09:49 PM.

3. Sports Club   -   #13
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Originally there was only the yellow jersey competition but to generate more overall interest by sponsors,riders and the general public they created "secondary" jerseys (green-points ,polka dot-mountains ,combination-now defunct and white-best young rider)

The points jersey is intended to reward the best sprinter but controversy has followed it because one can win it by consistency without ever proving to be the fastest man.
    The exact points system has evolved over time to try to compensate for this with maximum points(35) and places (25) being reserved for the flattest stages with fewer given once the course points upward.

There are also intermediate sprints but these are more a reward given to breakaways and being very few points( 3,2,1) allotted rarely pursued,except to hammer home a point-no pun intended, by the true sprinters.

At the end of the tour whoever has accrued the most points gets the Green Jersey.Unlike the Yellow, time doesn't factor into it.

In the before time a guy like Sean Kelly could win without a team but now placement in sprints is largely determined by your leadout men.
    That explains everything, cheers mucker, and also why Cavendish seems so thoroughly peeved with all that nonsense regarding the Alps and not being allowed to hang onto the back of a car since time really makes no difference to him at all.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

4. Sports Club   -   #14
    Manx Missile. Although I don't get the cat reference.

5. Sports Club   -   #15
    manker's Avatar effendi
    I just thought he had a large penoir.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

6. Sports Club   -   #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Snee View Post
    Whatevar. They should switch out those boring crabon bikes for bmx bikes, and do a bunch of tricks on the way.

It'd be awesome.
    And on a completely unrelated note, I'm thinking of getting a bmx for riding in the woods. Mostly 'cause they take up less room than a mountain bike, and I'd be leaving it at my parents' plaice during the weeks. Not owned one since I was about 12, but iirc, they are hella fun.

7. Sports Club   -   #17

It'd be awesome.
    And on a completely unrelated note, I'm thinking of getting a bmx for riding in the woods. Mostly 'cause they take up less room than a mountain bike, and I'd be leaving it at my parents' plaice during the weeks. Not owned one since I was about 12, but iirc, they are hella fun.
    But you can sit on one and it has one little tiny gear so expect to have fun in one small space.

Oh course once upon a time me and my friends could spend hours happily crashing riding down a single sand dune so you may actually be onto something there.

8. Sports Club   -   #18
    manker's Avatar effendi

Surely they would, in fact, take up more space than your folding bike that I've read so much about.

9. Sports Club   -   #19
    Quote Originally Posted by manker View Post

Surely they would, in fact, take up more space than your folding bike that I've read so much about.
    Well, yes, but the gear ratio isn't orsum for teh woods

10. Sports Club   -   #20

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast