Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Random anti-Nazi cycling fred as requested by Barbarossa

manker's Avatar effendi
    Quote Originally Posted by Snee View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by manker View Post

Surely they would, in fact, take up more space than your folding bike that I've read so much about.
    Well, yes, but the gear ratio isn't orsum for teh woods
    That's okay. You don't have to explain to us - we already know that you're spending your ill-gotten coding gains on frippery.
    You super-affluent baltic swede, you.

In other news: I used my new found knowledge on bikes and had a conversation about this French bike race on Saturday night.
    I've always know that my mate liked going for an occasional ride but always tuned out when he started droning on about it. He said that he's going to France later this month in his van with two bikes and will be following the riders around the Alps. He'll be gone for three weeks.
    Mental.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

2. Sports Club   -   #22
    manker's Avatar effendi
    I've been avidly following the bike ride in France and a couple of things have have made me wut.

Wiggins has been exactly seven seconds behind the Swiss guy all week. Even though he crashed on one of the days.
    This is quite remarkable.

Okay so he was awarded the same time as The Swiss guy because he crashed. That explains him remaining exactly seven seconds behind on one of the days - but what about the other days? And why was he awarded the same time anyhow - I'm not aware of any other sport where this happens. Even in proper cycling which takes place in a velodrome, if you fall off your bike, it's tough luck. You lose. Why should it be different now?

Also Cavendish fell off his bike and he wasn't awarded the same amount of points as the stage winner of the green jersey thing - even though he was closer to the finish.
    Where is your god now, cyclists.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

3. Sports Club   -   #23
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Imagine the carnage if people had to sprint for 40th place.

Another rule that has been change over time like the instigation of mandatory use of helmets.

Originally it was crash and your shit out of luck but with bigger packs and faster speeds came the decision to have first a 2 now the current 3 kilometre "safe" zone.

You have no idea the risks that some riders are willing/have to take when it is essentially their livelihood on the line.
    Why should some GC contender like Wiggins be penalized because some idiot tried to fit a foot wide object through a six inch space?

As for Cavendish,I'm hoping that you wee being facetious but the idea is give no penalty,not reward them.

In more pertinent news ,the site is dead to the point of being really depressing.

I'd actually stop with the caustic posts if I thought it would help an iota.
    Last edited by IdolEyes787; 07-05-2012 at 10:11 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Respect my lack of authority.

4. Sports Club   -   #24
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Yeah okay the crash thing makes sense.
    Well, it doesn't because it doesn't apply in things like horse racing or motor racing where tumbling off your ride often results in fatalities. But whatevar.

I wasn't being facetious about Cavendish. If Wiggins falls off and can't get a good time in the stage, sucks for him but at least he gets the same time as the winner, but if he falls off on purpose because he's basically fucked then he still gets the same time.
    Cavendish should get the same opportunity to cheat.

So about this seven seconds thing: I'm none the wiser.
    Srs. How did he keep getting the same time without falling off?

And yeah. Site is dead and I'm pretty sure it's all your fault. Merwais agrees.

5. Sports Club   -   #25
    As long as there are not any "appreciable" gaps in the group then all riders are given the same time.

Also the steady decline in this site began about the time I stepped aside as staff so I'm figuring that people are protesting that happening or something.
    Last edited by IdolEyes787; 07-05-2012 at 10:36 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

6. Sports Club   -   #26
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Oh, right. That must be why it's so 'exciting' when someone breaks from the peloton.

And we can fix that. Just swap accounts. I don't really care if people think I've had a partial lobotomy if it's good for fst.
    I'm all about the little people.

7. Sports Club   -   #27
    I will resent that as soon as I google lobotomy to see what that means.

In a breakaway for the entire 198 km stage only to be caught 100 metres from the line.

Sleep today safe in the knowledge that God hates you.

Greipel the guy who won avoiding a crash a couple of K from the line.Impressive especially considering they were probably doing in excess of 60kph and he had 2 couple of metres and a quarter of a second to react.

Last edited by IdolEyes787; 07-05-2012 at 11:54 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

8. Sports Club   -   #28
    mjmacky's Avatar an alchemist?
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    In more pertinent news ,the site is dead to the point of being really depressing.
    I'm not going to apologize for the recent sporadicity of my postings.
    Everything is brought to you by Fjohürs Lykkewe.

9. Sports Club   -   #29
    Quote Originally Posted by mjmacky View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    I'm not going to apologize for the recent sporadicity of my postings.
    Some of us get lambasted for "spamming" but in all seriousness if six or seven people didn't do so ...........

If an effort to become more popular with American audiences the Tour de France adopts the same format as American football where brief moments of action are followed by everyone falling down and then long periods of nothing happening while the players regroup.

Personally I don't see the appeal but then I don't really get NASCAR either.
    Last edited by IdolEyes787; 07-07-2012 at 01:39 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

10. Sports Club   -   #30
    Pro cycling basically sucks ever since it became about radio communication and who has the strongest team,not who is the strongest man.

The Tour is now so much about "defending" and "waiting for the most opportune moment" which not surprisingly hardly ever materializes that they should all wear shinguards and start referring to it as soccer on wheels.

I generally think Italians are a bunch of effete peacocks but when faced with overwhelming odds of failure at least Nabili was man enough to be willing to give it a go.
    Not that he ever fully committed to extending himself far enough to be open to the possibility of losing time.

You think with all the drugs we have nowadays they would have one to give you courage.
    Last edited by IdolEyes787; 07-12-2012 at 07:33 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast