Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Random anti-Nazi cycling fred as requested by Barbarossa

IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Two weeks to the Tour.

I recall both Hamilton and Landis swearing up and down that they never did drugs.
    Everyone says they don't do drugs until it's proven otherwise.

http://sports.nationalpost.com/2012/...france-titles/

On you're left....right .....le (sound of screaming and flesh being ripped from body)

Respect my lack of authority.

2. Sports Club   -   #2
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    I remember last year, watching the nasty ram from one of the riders' support cars attempting to dodge a tree and whacked Hoogerland and someone else, sending Hoogerland into a barbed wire fence. Just as watchable was the repair job/first aid coming from a guy on a motorcycle, while moving, repairing Hoogerland on the bike, again, while riding.

Here it is... was easy to find.

yo

3. Sports Club   -   #3
    You've never lived until you've pushed somebody while he has a piss.

In the Tour they employ champion motorbike racers on the camera bikes and even they find it next to impossible to stay in contact with a good descender on a tricky downhill.It's kind of unnerving to have a bike in front of you and have the tires squealing in an effort to find traction though.

Last edited by IdolEyes787; 06-13-2012 at 10:36 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

4. Sports Club   -   #4

5. Sports Club   -   #5
    Yesterday was just about the most dramatic day that you could have in cycling. Andy Schleck will not ride, and Armstrong collects a well deserved ban. All-the-while Peter Sagan continues to dominate the peloton wherever he goes.

6. Sports Club   -   #6
    ckrit's Avatar Flagpole
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Two weeks to the Tour.

I recall both Hamilton and Landis swearing up and down that they never did drugs.

On you're left....right .....le (sound of screaming and flesh being ripped from body)

"Amazing" might not be the word I'd use to describe that.

Is it just me, or was that wheel not fastened right? Or was a carbon fiber axle or something?

Not been in that particular situation, obviously, but it seems to me the spokes would give up first.

edit: If they said something in that clip, I didn't hear it. Can't watch with sound atm.
    Last edited by ckrit; 06-15-2012 at 07:52 AM.
    ckrit d<rit c|<rit

Mi signotaur > urs.

7. Sports Club   -   #7
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Quote Originally Posted by ckrit View Post
    Two weeks to the Tour.

"Amazing" might not be the word I'd use to describe that.

Is it just me, or was that wheel not fastened right? Or was a carbon fiber axle or something?

Not been in that particular situation, obviously, but it seems to me the spokes would give up first.

edit: If they said something in that clip, I didn't hear it. Can't watch with sound atm.
    It says the pedestrians leg gets caught in the wheel and "rips it out". That's not what I see tho'. It just hits his leg from what I can tell. They probably would have been just fine if they'd let the rider go around them like he was already doing.

yo

8. Sports Club   -   #8
    Quote Originally Posted by ckrit View Post

I tried to see but it happens so fast and the resolution is so poor it's impossible tell.I would guess that the quick release somehow got undone.I've seen that happen in races when one riders front wheel gets mucked up another's but in the vid's case the release would almost have needed to be tightened on backwards.

Safest thing is in front and parallel to the the forks btw.

And I just put even myself to sleep.

Quote Originally Posted by Swear View Post
    Yesterday was just about the most dramatic day that you could have in cycling. Andy Schleck will not ride, and Armstrong collects a well deserved ban. All-the-while Peter Sagan continues to dominate the peloton wherever he goes.
    No that is like a newscast that talks about trades and how much salary baseball players get and considers it "sports".
    Last edited by IdolEyes787; 06-15-2012 at 11:04 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

9. Sports Club   -   #9
    ckrit's Avatar Flagpole
    I tried to see but it happens so fast and the resolution is so poor it's impossible tell.I would guess that the quick release somehow got undone.I've seen that happen in races when one riders front wheel gets mucked up another's but in the vid's case the release would almost have needed to be tightened on backwards.

Safest thing is in front and parallel to the the forks btw.
    I've done away with regular QRs altogether, tbh. I've got ones with removable levers, because a) I don't like the idea of them getting snagged in something when I'm offroad, and b) should I use one of my good bikes in town, it'd take someone at least a short while to steal my wheels.
    ckrit d<rit c|<rit

Mi signotaur > urs.

10. Sports Club   -   #10
    manker's Avatar effendi
    I keep an eye on some things to do with cycling. And when I say cycling, I mean Le Tour.
    Like I generally hope that the Spanish don't win since they seem to win everything else and I follow the British riders. That is mostly the extent of my interest. I don't actually watch any of it on tv.

I don't properly understand the green jersey that Cavendish won last year. I know that there is some kind of points system in place and it's all about winning the flat stages since sprinters can't go up hills very well. So I guess there are more flat stages than hill stages or something.

I was wondering, maybe, if some kind soul could explain without googling since I could have done that but thought it might be an idea to altruistically revitalise this thread.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast