Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Windows Xp Sp2

Sorry if this question, has already been asked.

Juat wondering if anyone knows if SP2 will work on the 'nicked' (lol) versions of XP

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Poster
    by that i do u mean that u downloaded it or did you steal it?

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Poster
    someone on the board downloaded sp2 alpha, and used it, but it comptely fked up there pc! lol, use the search function to find the member

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    zapjb's Avatar Computer Abuser BT Rep: +3
    Install a preBeta SP from M$. No F*cking Way!

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Poster
    There is no service pack 2. Not from microsoft. Is winbeta now dictating upgrade schedules and procedures? Why Would you want to install any service pack any way?
    What the hell is all the excitement over something that will further fuck your OS ?

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Poster
    Originally posted by DL.@18 November 2003 - 20:59
    There is no service pack 2. Not from microsoft.
    there is a leaked alpha version from ms, get your facts right.....

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Poster
    Get your facts right. Leaked alphas are not service packs. They are nothing more than a collection of hot fixes and buggy mods.
    If it was a true service pack and a security concern, I would have received a deployment pack. I haven't and don't expect to untill at least next spring.

Of course if you don't believe me, you're welcome to sign in to your security admin or OEM buider account at MS and take a look yourself

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    shn's Avatar Ð3ƒμ|\|(7
    Excuse me to put a damper on the flame war here

But service packs suck. They know that they suck, thats why they give you the option to archive the service pack so you can remove it latter when it fucks up your system.

Thats because a lot of service packs have issues with certain pc manufactures. And on some systems it screws them up then ms has to come out with a fix for that.

The saga continues............

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Is SP2 for WinXP even going to be available or released...or will it Just be LONGHORN as a Fresh O/S Release in 2005?

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    Poster
    There is a service pack 2 release planned for. Has been for a long time. MS has a "roadmap" of expected release dates posted somewhere on their site if you want to look for it.
    Product lifecycles dictate that there must be scheduled updates to help the product meet that life time of service guarantee.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast