View Poll Results: What p2p program do you use the most?

Voters
81. You may not vote on this poll
  • k-lite

1 1.23%
  • eMule

3 3.70%
  • eDonkey

0 0%
  • Shareaza

0 0%
  • iMesh

0 0%
  • Morpheus

1 1.23%
  • SoulSeek

4 4.94%
  • BitTorrent

71 87.65%
  • IRC

1 1.23%
Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 29101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: What P2p Programme Do You Use Most?!

Originally posted by tralalala@17 December 2003 - 12:33
    just remembered something else... thisiswhoweare - do you use k-lite at all?! cos if not... what are you doing on the k-lite board???

tralalala
    the person burning the terabyte of stuff has been doing it for quite some time now. A few years, so its bound to be a lot

What am i doing here? I dont use kazaa lite anymore, but im here on a converting business actually i come here to help with emule questions and stuff and to clear any misconceptions of it.

That and for some of the silly lounge topics (as well as some nice photos in threads i.e sexiest lady etc lol.)

I switch between e+ board, this board, and quite a few others.....just something to do to avoid work most of the time.

2. File Sharing   -   #112
    tralalala's Avatar The Almighty
    well, i must say... well done on your idea of helping out in the eMule section

tralalala

3. File Sharing   -   #113
    Poster
    Originally posted by guit_steel+17 December 2003 - 08:48--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (guit_steel &#064; 17 December 2003 - 08:48)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin-Switeck@16 December 2003 - 17:57
    For the paranoid, having their partial files show up in searches is a way they could be monitored by RIAA/MPAA/BSA even if they hide the completed results and only share legal things.
    thisiswhoweare answered best, but keep in mind that if u have disabled list view for the public, only that one file will be visible. Even then, they would have to dl from u to see that info. Smacks of entrapment, doesn&#39;t it?

I can&#39;t imagine these guys suing individuals based on a single file; The costs would be enormous. Just like on KL, use the privacy patch and they can&#39;t take a screen shot of ur shared folder.[/b][/quote]The main issue with lots of shared partials isn&#39;t being busted by RIAA/MPAA/BSA (only MPAA is likely to care about single partial files anyhow...), but just that many files only exist on the e-mule network and similar networks as partial files.

I share files, typically keeping my connection >70% max upload bandwidth devoted to file sharing basically 24/7.

But I&#39;ve messaged literally 1,000&#39;s of paranoid people on Kazaa who don&#39;t -- and if I get a message back, it&#39;s something along those lines why they DON&#39;T share.

This seems a common theme even on other file-sharing programs.
    They are unaware of the technology behind it OR the huge reduction of odds of being caught if even simple steps are taken.

Plese don&#39;t try to convince me, you&#39;re preaching to the choir.

WE need to figure out how to tell the average user -- and for that we need a way to REACH/MESSAGE the average user&#33;

Does E-mule or Shareaza support user messaging?

4. File Sharing   -   #114
    you can message users.
    But they will have to enable it to receive any.
    There are three types of messaging, available to everyone, no-one, or to get messages from friends only. I keep mine open to everyone, so i can see if there are any files that needs putting to high priority.

I keep my uploads @ 10KB, for 24hrs, 7 days. Ive never uploaded more than 3GB (in total) when using kazaa. But ive uploaded 300GB+ on emule, simply because the rewards are better, its been thought out well, the files are spread well, and they generally will live longer to benefit everyone than it ever would on kazaa.

5. File Sharing   -   #115
    i use k-lite for movies and music and i use BT for games and apps

6. File Sharing   -   #116
    yes... i thought the same too about eMule till i got that damn virus...
    it freaked me out... and ever since i swore not to use eMule ever again...

but k-lite is supplying me with everything i need right now&#33;&#33;&#33;

tralalala

7. File Sharing   -   #117
    ive never encountered a single virus yet on emule. Got infected by one of the kazaa downloads a couple of times though. But most viruses that get sent to me are by friends, or people i dont know through email. Of course they dont know about it... (referring to friends and the occasional people).

8. File Sharing   -   #118
    believe me thisiswhoweare... you can get infected with viruses/worms/trojans from any P2P client or network in the world.
    nowadays, nothings safe, which is why people have invented the antiviruses&#33;&#33;

tralalala

9. File Sharing   -   #119
    Originally posted by Switeck@18 December 2003 - 19:20
    WE need to figure out how to tell the average user -- and for that we need a way to REACH/MESSAGE the average user&#33;
    Don&#39;t see how this is going to happen. The majority of users on a network like Kazaa are casual users at best. Only folks dedicated to filesharing and willing to put effort into the system — like on KL or eMule — r open to informing themselves. And like u said, they r the choir.
    My Best Quality MoviesMy Live Concerts — [url='http://rapidshare.de/files/22222332/My_Shares.xls.html[/url]

10. File Sharing   -   #120
    Originally posted by tralalala@19 December 2003 - 08:56
    believe me thisiswhoweare... you can get infected with viruses/worms/trojans from any P2P client or network in the world.
    I&#39;ve dl infected files on FT and SS, never on eMule. Yet I would agree that anyone not checking all files with anti-virus is a dope&#33;

btw: Do u use the same screen name on eMule? I think I&#39;ve seen u in my ul queue.
    My Best Quality MoviesMy Live Concerts — [url='http://rapidshare.de/files/22222332/My_Shares.xls.html[/url]

Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 29101112131415 ... LastLast