Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Euro 2012

cinephilia's Avatar I don't like you BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    Quote Originally Posted by redwhitevision View Post
    Italy is a typical 1-0 type of team, but you know.. it works.
    please stop with this old myth, italy doesnt do catenaccio since years.
    they've changed all their system since marcello lippi's era and play creative and quality football.
    whenever people agree with me, i always feel i must be wrong.

2. Sports Club   -   #12
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Quote Originally Posted by cinephilia View Post
    they've changed all their system since marcello lippi's era and play creative and quality football.
    Lippi only went about 18 months/2 years ago and since they've hardly been free-scoring.
    I seem to remember them beating the might of the Faroe Islands by the odd goal in qualifying and losing a series of friendlies without scoring.

I don't follow them that closely so there exists the danger I'm talking complete pish. However, in the matches I've watched since Lippi went the second time, they've been the same old Italy.
    Defensive.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

3. Sports Club   -   #13
    cinephilia's Avatar I don't like you BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    not scoring much doesn't necessarily make you a defensive team, especially in friendly games, italy being known for not taking them very seriously.

that said, this move toward 'quality football' (more forward moves and initiative in the game) is far more more visible under prandelli leadership.
    whenever people agree with me, i always feel i must be wrong.

4. Sports Club   -   #14
    Please.. i keep my statement. I've never seen a good game from Italy for a very long time. Boring, but efficient and that's not actually bad in matters of results.

5. Sports Club   -   #15
    manker's Avatar effendi
    not scoring much doesn't necessarily make you a defensive team, especially in friendly games, italy being known for not taking them very seriously.

that said, this move toward 'quality football' (more forward moves and initiative in the game) is far more more visible under prandelli leadership.
    I agree that it's possible that non-defensive teams don't necessarily score a lot of goals - but you would think that a team which favours more attacking tactics and taking the game to the opposition would put rather more than one goal past the Faroes. Especially one with the flair attacking players which Italy possess.

It seems strange to me, also, that Prandelli would abandon the catenaccio - which has served Italy so well for decades - and remain true to the utterly foolish 'we don't take friendlies seriously' tradition. Especially in a time where he is, apparently, introducing a whole new style of play.

That makes about as much sense, to me, as someone saying that 'defensive Italian football teams are an old myth'.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

6. Sports Club   -   #16
    Portugal - Czech Republic
    Germany - Greece
    Spain - France
    England - Italy

Bets ?

7. Sports Club   -   #17
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Portugal - Czech Republic
    Germany - Greece
    Spain - France
    England - Italy

Bets ?
    Semis will be:

Portugal Vs Spain
    Germany Vs England

The Italy game will be 0-0 at full time with neither side getting a shot on goal - but in extra time, Ballotelli will get himself sent off, the Italians will then only be able to get 10 men behind the ball at all times which will result in a hurried clearance rebounding off Andy Carrol's arse and squeezing beneath an ageing Buffon to trickle over the line and send a nation into raptures.

8. Sports Club   -   #18
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Add manker,rewhitevision and cinephillia to the growing list of people having long involved conversations that no one else really gives a fuck about.
    Respect my lack of authority.

9. Sports Club   -   #19
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Add manker, redwhitevision and cinephilia to the growing list of people who consider Idol a tangible lesion deep within the human condition.

10. Sports Club   -   #20
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Quote Originally Posted by manker View Post
    Add manker, redwhitevision and cinephilia to the growing list of people who consider Idol a tangible lesion deep within the human condition.
    Shut up before I give you a red card.
    Respect my lack of authority.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast