Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: Euro 2012

Quote Originally Posted by redwhitevision View Post
    Hello, I just thought about browsing this section and I was very surprised to see no thread regarding, probably, the most important soccer event at the moment.
    So, are you guys watching the games, have a favorite team ?

1st comment, Holland was just terrible...
    When have time, am watching on TV. My favourite team is Italy with Buffon as goalkeeper.

2. Sports Club   -   #42
    Better game than the one against England, seems like an interesting final. Of course, because Germany has a better team than England. Pirlo probably the best player of this competition so far.

3. Sports Club   -   #43
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Better finishing from Balotelli, the rest was about the same, I think. His second goal was very special, indeed. From a similar position to the chance Ronaldo missed at the end of the Portugal game (albeit with his weaker foot).

Why did Loew change his side so much. He seemed to be almost disregarding the opposition and showing the world how good his squad is instead. Italy deserved the win on a number of levels.

The odd thing is that when I look at the Italy team and the England team man-for-man, I don't see much difference except for Pirlo. The 'keepers are of the same level. I wouldn't say that any of the Italian defenders are better and I think that the striker options for England are better than their Italian counterparts. The Italian central midfielders are much better but the wing options England have look a lot more effective (on paper!).

But that shouldn't make so much difference to explain the huge gulf in the teams out of eleven players and obviously it doesn't.
    Their tactics are spot on and have improved as the competition progressed.

Conclusion: Prandelli is fucking awesome at his job.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

4. Sports Club   -   #44
    Yeah well, I considered this match to be the last at this competition for Italy, they proved me wrong, that's for one and even impressed me with their last game, that's two.

Another thing is Spain didn't really impress that much in their last game against Portugal, yes they won but it wasn't a brilliant game. When I started this thread I predicted that Spain will win the competition, so far they did their job and reached the finals, this being their final test.

I have the feeling that this game will be decided at penalties but either way it will end i really hope this will be the game we all waited for, an epic final to a competition that didn't really bring much surprises with the teams that advanced throughout the competition stages. Only one thing while the memory is still fresh, in my case Italy defeating Germany in this manner was a bit of a surprise for me personally, maybe not for others. Holland is already old news.

P.S. I wonder where Chinephilia is, missing his chance to throw in my face the fact that maybe he was right, haha

5. Sports Club   -   #45
    When have time, am watching on TV. My favourite team is Italy with Buffon as goalkeeper.
    And they do their job.

6. Sports Club   -   #46
    Quote Originally Posted by redwhitevision View Post
    Italy is a typical 1-0 type of team, but you know.. it works. Your prediction seems fair at this point, but there are a few surprises too. I particularly liked how Denmark played against Holland, Croatia also having some good games. Not to mention how lucky i believe Greece is.
    About your last point, Portugal has quite an interesting selection of players and that makes me doubt that C. Ronaldo will be the star of this show.
    At this point I'm enjoying the games, don't really have a favorite. Prediction: Spain.
    Like I said way before in the early stages of this competition, my prediction was confirmed. Spain didn't get a goal against in the knock-out stages games, virtually pulverising their competition in these games, the 4-0 result in the finals is more than conclusive for their over-all game. I must admit that I am a bit disappointed with this final, I expected way more from Italy... way way more.

I'll give a conclusion to this thread I started, Spain confirmed their status as best team at the moment, can't say I'm satisfied with the over-all result that I guessed right because I expected to see something new, a surprise, but it was not the case. Spain dominated, not only the finals but the whole competition, like I said before, they deserve credits for that, second team at this competition was Germany in my opinion, I still regret not seeing a Spain - Germany final actually, kudos for Italy for reaching this far but i think Germany would have treated this final match differently..

In spite of the bad game in the finals from Italy, I think Pirlo was the best player in this competition, sincere congratulations for this great player.

Feel football, Live for football.

7. Sports Club   -   #47
    manker's Avatar effendi
    I'm going with Iniesta as the player of the tournament.

Can't be arsed to write much about the final except I was disappointed with the game as Italy didn't turn up and then it was ended as a contest prematurely when they were reduced to ten men.

My team of the Euro 2012.

I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

8. Sports Club   -   #48
    I've seen somewhere a funny pic related to this final. It was something like this :

Italy reached this far...

4 nothing which as sarcastic as it is it's pretty much conclusive.

9. Sports Club   -   #49
    bad final.

10. Sports Club   -   #50
    LemOnzoo's Avatar boy from andromeda
    I expected to Italy win.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast