Page 23 of 45 FirstFirst ... 132021222324252633 ... LastLast

Thread: what are some good movies to watch

O $#!+ I got to invent a LOL filter! Do not see the third Hobbit movie. 10 minutes of Smaug and 15 minute of remaining dialog fiiiled in with two hours of boring metal sword clanks again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again.

Interstellar is dumb. I make false premises which it then goes against. Anyone who understands quantum mechanics knows time ALWAYS flows backwards. Yet they claim otherwise only to have the main plot point go against that very claim. It's pure Hollywood bullshit. I mean why in the fuck is Mathew M freaking out he has forever to figure out how to communicate with her but he is acting like a few seconds will make a difference. He has forever, literally. to send his message to her. Most humans are so limited and mundane in their thoughts. You would think existing in a four dimensional construct would affect him but he is still the same brainless dipshit he was when the movie started yet we are suppose to believe he somehow bore a star child. Pure crap!! Genetics do not work that way. Even a savant is born out of genetic potential, I know more about this then I should.

Lucy was weird, not Brazil weird but still weird.

If you like it you might want to see Upside Down about the reverse gravity planets. Also weird but romantic.

Prometheus was worse then Interstellar and I consider Bladerunner to be a classic. I have The Theory Of Everything, and The Imitation Game in the queue but am worried they will disappoint but I also was worried about Inception which was actually decent movie despite being mostly an action flick. OK. I guess it's "time, to die".
    Last edited by toriless; 03-03-2015 at 11:54 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

2. Movies & TV   -   #222
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Quote Originally Posted by Gribley View Post
    But really 'Moon'.... that was the worst low budget filming since Blare Witch :S
    I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one who did not find that to be 'amazing'. Would have been better presented as an episode of Twilight Zone, or similar.
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

3. Movies & TV   -   #223
    Gribley's Avatar On a hate list
    Quote Originally Posted by toriless View Post
    If you like it you might want to see Upside Down about the reverse gravity planets. Also weird but romantic.
    Worries me that IMDB readers rate it that high, so in my book is generally shite (slightly unfair, maybe just above my threshold/level).... still downloading that 13Gb (a.b.mom 300 days ago) now and will give it a go, it is only 25mins of d/l time and then only a delete button away from a bad memory
    Last edited by Gribley; 03-03-2015 at 02:29 PM.

4. Movies & TV   -   #224
    Quote Originally Posted by megabyteme View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Gribley View Post
    But really 'Moon'.... that was the worst low budget filming since Blare Witch :S
    I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one who did not find that to be 'amazing'. Would have been better presented as an episode of Twilight Zone, or similar.
    If that's the case, I'm curious how you guys felt about Oblivion which was
    Spoiler: Show

5. Movies & TV   -   #225
    Quote Originally Posted by piercerseth View Post
    If that's the case, I'm curious how you guys felt about Oblivion which was essentially the same thing, with a lot more Polish
    Didn't realize TCruise was from Eastern Europe.

Honestly, I never made that very correct connection. Oblivion fails to make the same level of isolation apparent in Moon. However, Moon ends up far more tedious to watch. If I had to rewatch one, I'd go for Oblivion for that reason alone.

What's your take, PS?
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

6. Movies & TV   -   #226
    sci fi - really enjoyed Interstellar (Mathew was great in there) and Gravity (awesome visuals)

7. Movies & TV   -   #227
    Quote Originally Posted by megabyteme View Post
    Didn't realize TCruise was from Eastern Europe.

Honestly, I never made that very correct connection. Oblivion fails to make the same level of isolation apparent in Moon. However, Moon ends up far more tedious to watch. If I had to rewatch one, I'd go for Oblivion for that reason alone.

What's your take, PS?
    It's been a few years, but I think your point about the tedium is spot on. On that note, I see the last Hobbit movie is out and I have zero desire to watch it. Like a popcorn bucket full of benadryl and ambien drizzled in warm melatonin sauce. zzz.

EDIT: I guess I could put it on during the time change. really torture myself.
    Last edited by piercerseth; 03-05-2015 at 11:41 PM.

8. Movies & TV   -   #228

I see the last Hobbit movie is out and I have zero desire to watch it.
    I was really looking forward to it, I was disappointed. I really wanted to like it... a shame.

9. Movies & TV   -   #229
    I see the last Hobbit movie is out and I have zero desire to watch it. Like a popcorn bucket full of benadryl and ambien drizzled in warm melatonin sauce. zzz.
    Yummy. I like my sedatives.

It's more of a gross display of what can be accomplished with CGI when there is no material in the script. Given my choice of watching H3, Interstellar, or Gravity again (picking on the above post here), I'd go for Mr. Baggins. It has a fast pace to it- lots of quick-moving elves, orcs getting killed, and the end of that pesky dragon.

Like eating a box of Twinkies on an empty stomach, but who hasn't indulged in some empty calories?

10. Movies & TV   -   #230
    See I really liked Moon and the rest, the Hobbit film not so much.

If no one has seen Calvary, that is well worth a watch.

Page 23 of 45 FirstFirst ... 132021222324252633 ... LastLast