Page 22 of 45 FirstFirst ... 121920212223242532 ... LastLast

Thread: what are some good movies to watch

megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    I don't expect anyone here to agree with me as well,you're you and apparently bleakness is a good way to spend two hours.
    I wouldn't watch it for the bleakness, but rather to feel superior to them red commie bastards.
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

2. Movies & TV   -   #212
    Quote Originally Posted by megabyteme View Post
    I've been tempted to watch Leviathan. Dion's recommendation gives me pause, but I do believe I'll give it a shot next time I'm in the mood for subtitles.
    There's also this Leviathan* which seems to fit most of Idol's criteria.

*the other other Leviathan. Not to be confused with the Peter Weller/Ernie Hudson maritime epic.
    Last edited by piercerseth; 02-16-2015 at 06:55 AM.

3. Movies & TV   -   #213
    Personally I'd rather be swallowed by a sea monster.

Show me someone who fancies himself an auteur and I'll show you someone who makes bad movies that a small percentage of the population latch onto in the hope of appearing superior.

To wit .........http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2802154/...ilter=prolific

My suggestion if you aren't one of the above is if you see the words "Nominated at Cannes" to run as far and as fast in the opposite direction as your fat little legs can carry you.

I don't expect anyone here to agree with me as well,you're you and apparently bleakness is a good way to spend two hours.
    You are a sea monster. Get lost

4. Movies & TV   -   #214
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Quote Originally Posted by piercerseth View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by megabyteme View Post
    I've been tempted to watch Leviathan. Dion's recommendation gives me pause, but I do believe I'll give it a shot next time I'm in the mood for subtitles.
    There's also this Leviathan* which seems to fit most of Idol's criteria.

*the other other Leviathan. Not to be confused with the Peter Weller/Ernie Hudson maritime epic.
    Film critiquing is a rather complex science.In light of that fact while I was study cinema at La Femis in Paris I took literally seconds to came up with a precise formula for rating films.

Ninjas. Add one star
    Hot chick.Add one star.Add two stars if her acting isn't an embarrassment to humanity and she clearly only got the job by blowing the producer.
    Good soundtrack.Add one star.One and a half if it's Motown.
    Starring any one or a combination of Clive Owen,Timothy Olyphant or a young Clint Eastwood .Add one star.
    No puppies were harmed in the making of the movie(obviously) and in the end the bad people get their just desserts,Add one to three stars depending on the cuteness of the widdle puppies and the evilness of the bad guys.So like Robin Hood ,Prince of Thieves only gets one added star because clearly everyone would have been happier Alan Rickman lived and Kevin Costner ate it and Marley and Me get a negative three,because.
    Respect my lack of authority.

5. Movies & TV   -   #215
    There Will Be Blood
    Nightcrawler

Morally dubious individuals who follow their own rules as they push their way to success

6. Movies & TV   -   #216
    dion09529's Avatar Helter Skelter BT Rep: +1
    Deliverance (1972)

This is a film about people's contemporary anxieties for everyday life, raised in the best (or not) circumstances.
    Old shit was here. Now it's gone.

7. Movies & TV   -   #217
    Quote Originally Posted by dion09529 View Post
    Deliverance (1972)

This is a film about people's contemporary anxieties for everyday life, raised in the best (or not) circumstances.
    If your everyday life involves getting anally raped by inbred rednecks.
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

8. Movies & TV   -   #218
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Or alternatively if you've won a Pulitzer Prize ....

http://www.rogerebert.com/reviews/deliverance-1972
    Respect my lack of authority.

9. Movies & TV   -   #219
    Or alternatively if you've won a Pulitzer Prize ....
    In Dion's defense, he does live in Hostel land.

10. Movies & TV   -   #220
    Gribley's Avatar On a hate list
    I think I scanned enough of the 22 pages to not repeat... (with filenames where available if anyone wants to search)

ils.kung.pow.enter.the.fist.2002.internal.dvdrip.xvid (I am easy amused)
    LAST_STARFIGHTER-EXT.mkv
    Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure 1989 720p BluRay x264 EbP.mkv (Bogus was a crap repeat)
    Caddyshack.1980.iNTERNAL.DVDRip.XviD-iLS.avi
    Team America
    Wreck.it.Ralph.2012.DVDScr.XVID.AC3.UsenuT.avi

Also enjoyed (for basic shooting fun)
    Shoot.Em.Up.2007.1080p.BluRay.DTS.x264-hV.mkv
    The Island
    Ultraviolet
    Aeon.Flux.2005.1080p.BluRay.x264-SUNSPOT.mkv (took me a while to like this one)
    Lucy.2014.BluRay.Remux.1080p.AVC.DTS-HD.MA.5.1-HiFi.mkv

But really 'Moon'.... that was the worst low budget filming since Blare Witch :S

Anyhow personal opinions of course

Page 22 of 45 FirstFirst ... 121920212223242532 ... LastLast