Thread: best NZB music site?

smitty1258
    I usually use torrents to get music, but what is the best nzb site for music?

2. Newsgroups   -   #2
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    I wish there were a good site for music NZBs, but to my knowledge, there is not. If you want to download music via Usenet I would suggest sticking with MerlinsPortal or search engines.

Personally, I still use torrents for all my music needs. I rarely even look to Usenet for that.

yo

3. Newsgroups   -   #3
    newsgroupie
    Other than the usual general-purpose NZB sites such as www.NZBs.org, it seems there are not many usenet indexers that specialize in music downloads. (maybe because the RIAA/IFPI/BPI/etc has been agressively taking them down?)

Here's an interesting one I just found, the only one I was able to find:

http://www.albumsindex.com/

If you know exactly what you're looking for, search engines like Binsearch.info should find it. You can also browse the newsgroups to see what has been posted.

But I think that for music, the old-fashioned method -- downloading the grouplist, subscribing to newsgroups, and fetching headers -- just might be the best method of all. (use a usenet newsreader and a usenet provider that support header compression; otherwise it will take ten times as long) You can find a lot of rare music that way that often doesn't get indexed on NZB sites.

4. Newsgroups   -   #4
    BANNED
    Newzbin

5. Newsgroups   -   #5
    byneco's Avatar F-S-T BT Rep: +22BT Rep +22BT Rep +22BT Rep +22BT Rep +22
    newzbin is best I think
    Last edited by byneco; 06-30-2010 at 11:16 PM.

The World is Mine

6. Newsgroups   -   #6
    Funkin''s Avatar home skillet BT Rep: +4
    Quote Originally Posted by zot View Post
    That's pretty cool. I never knew there was a music indexer. I'll give it a whirl.

7. Newsgroups   -   #7
    Hi www.nzbclub.com has Discographys its very good since there is no more Matrix I cant believe how many people dont know if you like it donate but they rarely ask

8. Newsgroups   -   #8
    We have the latest MP3 Releases every week plus many other http://www.nzbgrabit.cz/