Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Uploaders, Take Heed!

I had posted something close to this a couple months ago, but of course it's now gone to the bitbucket. I'll try and redo what I had originally commented on.

1. Whatever scheme you come up with, don't 'tie' it into private, for-pay, or similar ways to de-crypt or show the actual files. The best way I've come up with is to let google do the work, put the scrambled filename into mr. google and have it come up with the plain-text name. There are several ways to do this, figure it out.

1b. Oh, and for those who think that using an 'auto-downloader' scheme to quickly figure out the postings and grab them before they get nailed.... is doomed to eventual failure. Those doing the nailing will simply get better and faster, and will (again, eventually), if they think for a minute that they are loosing, will simply find a judge somewhere who will rule that ALL usenet providers have to provide auto-takedown mechanisms. Then things will get really messy.

2. If you encrypt the upload (winrar encryption), then once again, avoid using private, for-pay, sites. Once again, there are various methods, just like the filename, that can be used.

3. Always re-post the nfo in plain-text, so that the major indexers can 'find' it and 'lead' folks to it's existence, without requiring folks to 'de-crypt' all the encrypted filenames out there.

There are more, but that's about where I started last time. Again, ZERO takedowns over the past 13 years, ZERO back to 'zero day' of usenet, Aug08.

What does this mean? Maybe nothing if you live for PPV pro-wrestling, certain (brain-dead to me) tv shows (that are all available through Netflix!) or p0rn. Folks that do need to put pressure (it's called BITCHING) to those posting things in ways that they get pulled down within seconds, to start following some basic rules.
    Last edited by Beck38; 05-09-2013 at 11:07 PM.

2. Newsgroups   -   #2
    Quote Originally Posted by Beck38 View Post
    I had posted something close to this a couple months ago, but of course it's now gone to the bitbucket. I'll try and redo what I had originally commented on.

1. Whatever scheme you come up with, don't 'tie' it into private, for-pay, or similar ways to de-crypt or show the actual files. The best way I've come up with is to let google do the work, put the scrambled filename into mr. google and have it come up with the plain-text name. There are several ways to do this, figure it out.
    I'm not sure how mr google works. I've never used it. It's possible to use MD5 or base64 that can be easily decrypted. It it's easy to decrypt, the takedown bots will simply be programmed to decrypt it. Why don't you give us an example.

Many encrypted files are being spotted with freeware programs. They don't all end up in private for-pay sites. Unfortunately, some groups are passcoding titles strictly for their group. Obviously, this violates the spirit of usenet.

[/QUOTE]
    2. If you encrypt the upload (winrar encryption), then once again, avoid using private, for-pay, sites. Once again, there are various methods, just like the filename, that can be used.[/QUOTE]

I agree that people should avoid private pay sites. What are these various other methods?

[/QUOTE]
    3. Always re-post the nfo in plain-text, so that the major indexers can 'find' it and 'lead' folks to it's existence, without requiring folks to 'de-crypt' all the encrypted filenames out there.
    [/QUOTE]

Many uppers are not bothering with NFOs. Worst of all, some NFOs don't mention that the file is passcoded.

[/QUOTE]
    There are more, but that's about where I started last time. Again, ZERO takedowns over the past 13 years, ZERO back to 'zero day' of usenet, Aug08.
    [/QUOTE]

What does this mean? Maybe nothing if you live for PPV pro-wrestling, certain (brain-dead to me) tv shows (that are all available through Netflix!) or p0rn. Folks that do need to put pressure (it's called BITCHING) to those posting things in ways that they get pulled down within seconds, to start following some basic rules.[/QUOTE]

It might be mindless entertainment to you, but your idea of entertainment might be "mindless" to me. Netflix is not available in every part of the world.

Pr0n is not available in every part of the world. I don't really care much for pr0n or pro-wrestling but I'm not going to make judgements over what should be posted on Usenet.

You act as if you have a magic bullet. Why don't you elaborate on how you have found a way to never have takedowns.

3. Newsgroups   -   #3
    Quote Originally Posted by user3240 View Post
    duplicate post delete
    You might take a few to learn how to quote properly, the first piece gives you an example of how to.

Go over the way things are downloaded, processed by the downloader (un-rar, quickpar) and you'll see the various ways to 'hide' things.

If you don't know how google, and it's web-crawler system, works, you have a lot more problems to figure out than getting usenet to work for you instead of against you. Otherwise, it all appears as 'magic'. Then again, those (who shall remain nameless) who run the takedown machinery, are at least as clueless, which tends to make it easy (so far) to avoid them.

4. Newsgroups   -   #4
    I am quite familiar with how to "hide" things on Usenet. I am also familiar with GOOGLE's web-crawler system. You said "Mr Google." You implied that you can encrypt files and the decrypted files come up easily on google. I may be "clueless" but I've never seen decrypted files come up on Google.

At any rate, my encrypted files are still up on Usenet. They get spotted on spotter programs. I'm trying to figure out what method you are using that decrypts the files automatically in Google's webcrawler. There are guys involved in Usenet that are smarter than you and I put together. I guess all the scene groups, uppers and spotters are "clueless" since this method of yours has yet to be used.

Usenet works just fine for me.

5. Newsgroups   -   #5
    sandman_1's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Beck38 View Post

What does this mean? Maybe nothing if you live for PPV pro-wrestling, certain (brain-dead to me) tv shows (that are all available through Netflix!) or p0rn. Folks that do need to put pressure (it's called BITCHING) to those posting things in ways that they get pulled down within seconds, to start following some basic rules.

We get it dude. You don't like pro wrestling or TV shows. You don't have to repeat it ad nauseam in every post. And btw, Netflix doesn't have every show, every season of a show, ect. so Netflix isn't a total solution.

And to reiterate what user3240 said, Usenet works fine for me but thanks for sharing.
    Who needs cloud storage when you got the NSA?

6. Newsgroups   -   #6
    Sorry, but like I said in the OP, since the bit-dump here, I mentioned in another thread that I was going to re-iterate the older thread.

And yes, NF is not the TOTAL solution, it's an 80% solution. Other rental sources bring it up to 98%. Then of course there are friends and family... and the occasional 'must have' disc available through commercial sources that some kind (and head screwed on straight) person posts properly.

You implied that you can encrypt files and the decrypted files come up easily on google.
    Nowhere did I 'imply' that. What I did was say that it is a 'tool' to head one in the right direction, sort of a 'pre-key' of sorts, will turn on the light so one can shove the key in the slot, and which way to turn it.

Tons of folks have figured out the schema, and it take no real additional 'steps' than one would ordinarily take even if one knew everything about the 'package' up front.
    Last edited by Beck38; 05-10-2013 at 06:18 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

7. Newsgroups   -   #7
    I may be "clueless" but I've never seen decrypted files come up on Google.
    Same here. Not a single one.

8. Newsgroups   -   #8
    t's an 80% solution
    not even close to 50%. And most shows are in terrible dvd like quality.That is at least on "Swedish" netflix.
    Last edited by Hypatia; 05-10-2013 at 06:14 PM.

9. Newsgroups   -   #9
    teflon05's Avatar Pessimistic Optimist BT Rep: +2
    I would not consider DVD Quality "terrible" by any stretch of the imagination. You must have forgotten VHS quality, or it was before you were born....
    No drug, not even alcohol, causes the fundamental ills of society. If we're looking for the source of our troubles, we shouldn't test people for drugs, we should test them for stupidity, ignorance, greed and love of power. — P.J. O'Rourke

Sin lies only in hurting others unnecessarily. All other "sins" are invented nonsense. — Robert A. Heinlein (1907-1988)

10. Newsgroups   -   #10
    I don't care if the pay/private sites post passworded archives--as long as they keep it to their home groups and not cross-posted 4x.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast