Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Raspberry PI

Quote Originally Posted by Jaz View Post
    Pi's are great but not amazing for newsgroup downloading etc if you want top speeds. Mine throttles out at about 3mbps SSL because if the yenc encoding being too hard on the processor.
    That's good to know. I'd heard between yEnc and using stronger ssl ciphers the poor things crawl.

2. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #12
    This is kinda what I'm looking to do for myself. Maybe even gutting and mounting in an old NES system and going for the whole retro feel.
    http://lifehacker.com/how-to-turn-yo...sole-498561192

3. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #13
    letmeinplz
    XBMC runs pretty well on these things. http://www.xbian.org/ is one of the better distros.

4. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #14
    Think i need to get me some Pi, looks cool!

5. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #15
    Quote Originally Posted by gibbz View Post
    Think i need to get me some Pi, looks cool!
    Yeah me too. A little HTPC box out in the livingroom would be nice. I've got a Roku but there's some limitations.

6. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #16
    I think there are ways to improve performance by adjusting how openssl handles the TLS cipher.

7. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #17
    You can also add boblight to XBMC which gives a great effect similar to ambilight , search youtube boblight theres a few demos

8. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #18
    I bought a RPi at release but never really used it. Eventually just resold it a couple of months ago.

A shame, but I really couldn't find a use for it.

9. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #19
    Xbmc on my pi that's all i know how to use it for.

10. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #20
    Im running OpenElec on mine and it works just fine. A little slow on the menu browsing but plays full 1080p movies with no problem. I did have to overclock it though

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast