Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Where are the HD Webrips coming from?

XilE
    Well yes and no, some countries have had systems like this in play for years now which has lead to a lot of R6 leaks, still I'd love to rent theater movies on my PC when I choose.

2. File Sharing   -   #12
    DngrMs's Avatar Super Rodent
    It doesn't take too much investigation... a lot of WEB-DL nfo files tell you the source.

Nevertheless, most if it comes from iTunes and that's no secret at all. Of course things like NetFlix Original Series are capped from NetFlix.

iTunes 720p encryption was busted ages ago, 1080p about 3 months (+/-) after it was introduced. Apple knows it, the studios know it, the security providers know it and very little is being done about it. Which is quite astonishing given the incredibly restrictive agreements content distributors need to sign with the studios.

I anticipate some change in the near term because, as pointed out above, big movies are now hitting iTunes before their physical media street dates (not that "street date" has meant much in the last 20 years). When blockbusters like Iron Man 3 and Star Trek are ripped in HD before the BluRay is available and without any inside access required I can assure you the studios are thinking "oh, fuck, fuck, fuck!".

Watch this space...
    Just like the NSA, I'm compelled to copy everything I want to.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12