Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Disappearing Files

Hey, new here, I'm actually really glad to see that there is a place to ask these questions, lol don't knwo why it took me so long to come here . Ah well.
    Anyway here is my problem. I first noticed this when i would make a playlist and then after a little while it would say something like (13/15) and files that i have not deleated are missing from the playlist and kazaa says that they are remote files. Then I realized that these files were missing altogether from kazaa lite but when i go through windows explorer the song is still in the My Shared Folder. How does this happen and how can I get kazaa to re-recognise the files?

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Broken's Avatar Obama Supporter
    I'm not sure what it is that you are asking.
    If the files are newly downloaded sometimes it takes the program (k-lite) a second to find them. If that is too long for you go to Options>advanced Options>and lower the number of seconds that kazaa looks for new files.

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    Actually the files that disappear I have had for awhile. And I can originally access them through kazaa but for no reason some just disappear but are still on my computer. (I have sometimes redownloaded the file and then when I go through windows explorer I see that i now have 2 of the same files) and kazza recognises the new one but still not the one that I already had. Does that make sense?

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    Anyone? PLease? My files dissappear after i have had them for awhile but they are still on my computer and work fine but I can't play them or find them in Kazaa (they are in my shared folder when i go through windows explorer)

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    BANNED
    Originally posted by kangel9902@28 November 2003 - 05:23
    Anyone? PLease? My files dissappear after i have had them for awhile but they are still on my computer and work fine but I can't play them or find them in Kazaa (they are in my shared folder when i go through windows explorer)
    are your files present in my media under "all" and its subfolders???

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    Hello, i'm dutch so excuse me for my bad english. I have a similar problem except one thing. I've downloaded a file, Kazaa says it;s finished, so i watch in my shared folder. THER"S NOTHING!!!! The next action is to search my computer, and guess what. Windows can't find it on my computer.
    Does anyone know how this can happen, and knowing where that file is?

Greetz GordonShumway

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    BANNED
    Originally posted by GordonShumway@29 November 2003 - 02:22
    Hello, i'm dutch so excuse me for my bad english. I have a similar problem except one thing. I've downloaded a file, Kazaa says it;s finished, so i watch in my shared folder. THER"S NOTHING!!!! The next action is to search my computer, and guess what. Windows can't find it on my computer.
    Does anyone know how this can happen, and knowing where that file is?

Greetz GordonShumway
    is there a dat file that size in your shared folder???

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    my files dissapeared too. they were not finished files- they were still downloading... i have a ffeling that somebody distroys them via kaza connection. that just happened tonight with solaris movie...

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    BANNED
    Originally posted by kata@29 November 2003 - 23:01
    my files dissapeared too. they were not finished files- they were still downloading... i have a ffeling that somebody distroys them via kaza connection. that just happened tonight with solaris movie...
    first of all please start your own thread, your problem is different

10. File Sharing   -   #10
    ok, will start new thread...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast