Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Pc V3.3

*BITCHSLAP*

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Originally posted by raiserblade2003@21 November 2003 - 13:15
    *BITCHSLAP*
    Thank you sir, may I have another?

That one was a bit premature, raiser. I said next time.
    I'll let it slide this time...
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    Poster
    Originally posted by clocker@21 November 2003 - 20:08
    The upper front has migrated to the rear of the case ( great minds think alike), but it is blowing in.
    I have found this quite effective on my setup. As my top fan and pci extractor (which is positioned below my psu, as i havent got a dual fan psu, yet&#33 blow out enough hot air between them.

clocker out of curiosity, how much time do you spend daily planning/pissing about with your fan setup?

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    Originally posted by Kunal@21 November 2003 - 13:42

clocker out of curiosity, how much time do you spend daily planning/pissing about with your fan setup?
    "Pissing about"?

I prefer to term it "gathering data"...

Honestly, I spend more time than most, but less than you might imagine. I have a fairly extensive collection of fan connectors/extensions.y-headers, etc, so moving a fan and hooking it up is a matter of moments.

I have long been afflicted with the "I wonder what..." syndrome. I came down with it while racing, where gaining that little added edge might make a big difference come Sunday. If one is willing to spend the time ( and sometimes, money) to try out different ideas, and most importantly, is willing to discard them should they prove fallacious, then amazing things can be accomplished.

I make no claims of exceptional brilliance, my most winning trait is dogged persistence.

Besides that, think of how much time and energy I am saving you.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    Poster
    nice...

p.s. im just curious, but what are the specs

U RNT LEET LIKE ME!!!!!!!!!11111111111111

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    I have long been afflicted with the "I wonder what..." syndrome
    yeah man i know what you mean!!

Your pc setup looks really good. I have a few ideas on cooling i just dont have the cash to stuff around.

I was putting a hsf on my chipset like what you have done. I took the board out of the case, cleaned it up, took the old crap hs off, took the shitty compound off...

I whent to connect the hs on it and their was a capacitor in the way .

Fuck i hate that.

Just curious, on the PSU, how would you make it all neat and tidy without seeing the leeds coming out of the PSU ??

Could you put a plate under it like this ? or you think the psu will get to hot

7. Software & Hardware   -   #17
    Well Neat, the PSU would probably be just fine but the plate would completely obscure the blowhole exhaust fan on the case roof.

PSUs are a pain to deal with aesthetically. They make all the leads so damn long and include stuff that I don't want/need. I understand why, but I don't have to like it.
    If I was convinced that this was the layout ( or even the case) that this PSU would stay with, I would get totally medieval on it's ass and really go to town on the cabling.
    However, since I seem to reconfigure this poor thing about every 24 hrs, it's probably best that I don't do anything drastic just yet.
    You see, I have this idea...

8. Software & Hardware   -   #18
    Virtualbody1234's Avatar Forum Star BT Rep: +2
    You see, I have this idea...
    Oh oh...

I have done just that a few times. Disassemble the power supply completely and redo the wire harness from scratch. It makes for a very custom job.

Just be sure that you are in the final stages of your testing and modifications before doing this. It's a real pain to have to undo it because you move something and find out just one cable is a bit too short.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #19
    Well VB, I seem to have a problem deciding when I have reached the final stages of a project...

Edit:

I wasn't kidding, I really do have an idea.
    What if I flipped the PSU on it's back? This would place the big fan on the top of the unit. The fan would be flipped so that it now is pulling air out of the unit. A vent hole would have to be cut into the case roof. The current exhaust fan on the back would probably be removed and a simple screen installed. That 120mm fan can pull lots of air at a slow speed. I can insulate the (new) bottom of the PSU to isolate it from heat rising off the CPU HSF.

What do ya'll think?

10. Software & Hardware   -   #20
    Virtualbody1234's Avatar Forum Star BT Rep: +2
    Originally posted by clocker@21 November 2003 - 22:16
    Well VB, I seem to have a problem deciding when I have reached the final stages of a project...
    I understand!

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast