Thread: Problems,problems......

i am using kazaalite 2.4.3 running on win xp. previously kazaa used to connect immediately but now it is not connecting immediately as before. in fact i have to restart the program several times before it shows any signs of connecting and that too i have to wait 5-10 mins for connection. i read through the post on kazupernodes but nothing seems to work. also kazaalite disconnects quite frequently and reconnecting takes forever. please help. also i am using zonealarm 3.7.211 and aware of the problem that the previous versions had a bug which causes problems to kazaa. but the connection and disconnection problem is not solved even when i shutdown zonealarm. i have also disabled the inbuilt firewall of win xp.

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    BANNED
    If you think its z/a causing the problem..why not tri another firewall mate.Its pointless to keep somthing you cant fix.If its still the same with another firewall & you prefered z/a you can reinstall it.Then tri re-installing k-lite.

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    move everything in your shared folder to a temp folder. Then start kazaa lite. If it works ok, then more than likely you have a corrupt file in your shared folder. You could start moving them back a few at a time, then restart kazaa after every move. When it starts to ack up again, then you know one of those files was bad. Try that

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    shutdown the firewall and tried connecting.....not connecting
    moved all the files to another folder and tried connecting.....not connecting

till last week it was connecting, no problems. This problem occured only recently.
    ver 2.4.2 wont work either. Also tried socks2http, no success. Dunno what to do. please help.

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    BANNED
    Originally posted by netrunner@26 November 2003 - 17:06
    shutdown the firewall and tried connecting.....not connecting
    moved all the files to another folder and tried connecting.....not connecting

till last week it was connecting, no problems. This problem occured only recently.
    ver 2.4.2 wont work either. Also tried socks2http, no success. Dunno what to do. please help.
    did you do what firefox suggested also??

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    Yep.....

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    asmithz's Avatar Hi-Definition
    Just an off the wall suggestion, but have you hit your upload bandwidth limit. I don't know that would keep you off.

Also try swithing ports, and making sure you are not a supernode.

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    BANNED
    Originally posted by netrunner@27 November 2003 - 02:08
    Yep.....
    in that case run the wizzard again and set the correct download/upload speed and lower your upload bandwidth also