Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The Virgin Mary News Network

mjmacky's Avatar an alchemist?
    I have avoided reading and writing here to spite the site for its data loss, and I am still bitter about it. Still, I stumbled into a mood to talk to my ungrateful online journal.

Should I start with the good news or the bad news?

I am fucking broke. The credit card I was relying on to get me through the next couple of months just chopped $13,700 off of my credit limit, leaving me vulnerable to accidental default since I have it linked to some automated recurring business expenses (I have never defaulted on a credit card). A recent exchange in a convenience store has inspired me to apply for food stamps. I bought him a pack a cigarettes in exchange for him buying my milk and cookies, and afterwards I interrogated him on the process of getting onto the program. This editing position has me working a lot, but I'm not pulling in enough to make budget, and there's no business being generated from my own company. I am hoping I get this job with tutor.com and that it will help with the financial woes.

I know I swore off seeking any kind of dating/relationship after the last debacle, but I met someone last month. As per my MO, we met online. Actually, it started off with me sending a snarky message to her fake profile about its fakeness. She actually responded with an admission and a synopsis of her agenda. Having actually done the same thing myself on a previous occasion, we got to talking about our socioneurotic experimentations and eventually met, then went on several dates. My natural self-confidence, which through some bureaucratic mess does not cover any romantic interactions, has not helped me in this situation. I have had to desperately rely on my wit and charm, and it somehow managed to get me by so far. The prognosis is positive if I dare speak prematurely. I have gone so far as to begin introducing her to my other social circles and friended her on Facebook, which is kind of telling since I tend to ignore FB like the plague.

It has not yet moved into a sexual domain because I seem to be entirely frightened to act aggressively on that front. I think it might be because this thing seems genuinely promising and I am afraid to bring out the freak. Well there's also the fact that I've just permitted her to think that I'm already divorced when in reality the final hearing is in two days. I would have told her if she pried, but it's something I don't want to force out without a tangible link in conversation... that could have consequences. If I can just keep my mouth shut for a couple more days, I'll be in the clear and still never talk about it.

Oh, and that amicable friendship I was maintaining with "that woman", who lies and turns you all against me, ended over a month ago. I cut her out completely. For anyone keeping count, the weening period is 6 months, after which cold turkey was much more desirable.
    Everything is brought to you by Fjohürs Lykkewe.

2. Lounge   -   #2
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Quote Originally Posted by mjmacky View Post
    I have avoided reading and writing here to spite the site for its data loss, and I am still bitter about it. Still, I stumbled into a mood to talk to my ungrateful online journal.

I am fucking broke. The credit card I was relying on to get me through the next couple of months just chopped $13,700 off of my credit limit,
    It wasn't like you posted anything interesting in those 9 months.

Was that reduction based on your divorce or the medical bills? Just curious what info ratted you out...
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

3. Lounge   -   #3
    Quote Originally Posted by megabyteme View Post
    It wasn't like you posted anything interesting in those 9 months.

Was that reduction based on your divorce or the medical bills? Just curious what info ratted you out...
    If only you knew just how much time I spend rereading my own stuff.

Anyways, I don't think it's based on anything in particular. Nothing has happened to negatively affect my credit. They did it to me before, and at that time I thought they were just correcting an astronomically inflated credit limit. Now I think they're trying to snag me in a trap.

4. Lounge   -   #4
    DngrMs's Avatar Super Rodent
    ...I have had to desperately rely on my wit and charm, and it somehow managed to get me by so far. The prognosis is positive if I dare speak prematurely.
    One acts presumptuously on the balance of probability and prematurely on a whim. Dare I say your wit and charm are insufficient to carry any relationship, however sour.
    Just like the NSA, I'm compelled to copy everything I want to.

5. Lounge   -   #5
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata

No I already knew that you were a crazy egotist.
    Respect my lack of authority.

6. Lounge   -   #6
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Surrounded by full length mirrors, pictures of yourself, and listening to Goodbye Horses no doubt.
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

7. Lounge   -   #7
    I'll have you know that my vanity is entirely cerebral.

8. Lounge   -   #8
    Quote Originally Posted by DngrMs View Post
    ...I have had to desperately rely on my wit and charm, and it somehow managed to get me by so far. The prognosis is positive if I dare speak prematurely.
    One acts presumptuously on the balance of probability and prematurely on a whim. Dare I say your wit and charm are insufficient to carry any relationship, however sour.
    You may dare, you may be daring with that syntax.

9. Lounge   -   #9
    Actually, I just thought of something; my use of the card has increased dramatically as of late. They cut my limit to just $150 over my current balance, so I think they fear I'm going to spend a shit load and then never pay them back. In that case, I'm going to make tiny payments until I'm about to leave the country and then never pay them back.

10. Lounge   -   #10
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Good plan because credit card companies aren't multinational and doing something like that won't destroy your credit rating forever or something.

Of course maybe you're planning on moving to Mongolia to become a hermit goat herder in which case remember to pack for the cold.
    Respect my lack of authority.

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast