Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Fear This!

Poster
    Originally posted by 3223+22 November 2003 - 04:49--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (3223 @ 22 November 2003 - 04:49)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-MadDog&#045;2000@22 November 2003 - 04:22
    You people have absolutely no idea about this issue&#33; You are all complaining about the negative effects of this one article but don&#39;t see the need behind it&#33;

IPv6 main purpose is to extend the available amount of IP numbers available because in a few years all IP numbers will be taken&#33; IPv6 basically adds an area code to the already existing IP version to allow for a larger pool of addresses.

Everything will be uniquely
    addressed -- your refrigerator, your microwave
    oven, your wristwatch, anything that can be
    connected to the network.
    This can be done today already&#33; All you have to do is give each device its own IP number&#33; They might be able to uniquely address a single IP number but if you are behind a router or a network that supports VPN (Virtual Private Network) or NAT (Network Address Translation) they can’t do shit because all your devices share the same WAN (Wide Area Network) IP number&#33;

Besides, uninstalling IPv6 won’t help you , in a few years or less, this will become mandatory and you won’t be able to log on the Internet anymore if you don’t have the current IP version installed&#33;
    so should i uninstall or not? [/b][/quote]
    I just think its gonna be bad because it says that if a computer acts badly or something, they would take it off the network.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #22
    Poster
    Originally posted by 3223+21 November 2003 - 21:49--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (3223 @ 21 November 2003 - 21:49)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-sharedholder@21 November 2003 - 21:43
    Beautiful screenshots of my pc. &nbsp; &nbsp;

how is that suposed to help me.

also i changed the visual settings on my pc with tweak xp and some folders dont have the xp look. like control panel is plain white instead of blue with the icons. search is not like yours eaither. any1 know the default settings?? [/b][/quote]
    can an1 help me with me settings problem??

also i still have no idea weather i shoud uninstall or not&#33;

3. Software & Hardware   -   #23
    Don&#39;t uninstall anything like i did ,doesn&#39;t matter; that thing is what we know ,but did you asked if we know everything?Every step we make, every phonecall we make , everything can be registered and why should i bother to fight, against what? Every time you going in internet you leave traces everywhere , my ip your ip can be seend by everyone ,if someone with artistic skills really want to know what i have on my pc can do that even if we have the most powerfull firewall in the world.So , take care .

4. Software & Hardware   -   #24
    Poster
    Wow... lots of paranoia in this thread.

What is IPv6?

IPv6 is short for "Internet Protocol Version 6". IPv6 is the "next generation" protocol designed by the IETF to replace the current version Internet Protocol, IP Version 4 ("IPv4").

Most of today&#39;s internet uses IPv4, which is now nearly twenty years old. IPv4 has been remarkably resilient in spite of its age, but it is beginning to have problems. Most importantly, there is a growing shortage of IPv4 addresses, which are needed by all new machines added to the Internet.

IPv6 fixes a number of problems in IPv4, such as the limited number of available IPv4 addresses. It also adds many improvements to IPv4 in areas such as routing and network autoconfiguration. IPv6 is expected to gradually replace IPv4, with the two coexisting for a number of years during a transition period.

Some introductory information about the protocol can be found in our IPv6 FAQ. For those interested in the technical details, we have a list of IPv6 related specifications.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #25
    BANNED
    Who&#39;s paranoid..where?..who?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123