Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Cigarettes

Poster
    Originally posted by Benno@11 February 2003 - 16:17
    what is snus?? 
    Info kindly provided from www.swedishmatch.com

It is not known how long people have used tobacco. Europeans first came in contact with tobacco when Christopher Columbus discovered the New World in 1492. At this time, tobacco was already used throughout North America and the West Indies. In Haiti, indigenous people inhaled a powder of dried, crushed tobacco leaves. This was the first time Europeans were exposed to snuff.

Jean Nicot was the French ambassador to Portugal in the 1560s. When he returned to Paris, he brought tobacco with him. He cured Queen Catherine de Medici's chronic headaches with a powder made of tobacco leaves. The French Court discovered snuff.

Tobacco came to Sweden in the beginning of the 1600s. During the 1700s, it was fashionable to inhale snuff through the nose. Swedes first started tucking snuff (known in Sweden as snus) under the lip at the end of the 1700s. In 1822, Jacob Fredrik Ljunglöf started manufacturing snus. A few years later, he acquired the widely used quality standard, Number One, as his trademark. His product became known as Ettan (Number One).

Today, Sweden is the largest Nordic market with about one million snuff users (or "snus" as it is called in Swedish). More than half of these are former smokers. Women account for slightly more than 10 percent of "snus" consumers.

Furthermore, snuff has strong traditions in Northern Europe, North America, Africa and some countries in Asia.

2. Lounge   -   #22
    Skweeky's Avatar Manker's web totty
    I smoke Marlboro red, or just roll my own cigarettes (Belgam red). Been smoking since I was 13. Tried Lucky Strike, Kent and Chesterfield but finally decided to syock with Marlboro.
    For the rest: I like the medicinal stuff!!

3. Lounge   -   #23
    Benno's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by danne+11 February 2003 - 17:12--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (danne @ 11 February 2003 - 17:12)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Benno@11 February 2003 - 16:17
    what is snus??
    Info kindly provided from www.swedishmatch.com

It is not known how long people have used tobacco. Europeans first came in contact with tobacco when Christopher Columbus discovered the New World in 1492. At this time, tobacco was already used throughout North America and the West Indies. In Haiti, indigenous people inhaled a powder of dried, crushed tobacco leaves. This was the first time Europeans were exposed to snuff.

Jean Nicot was the French ambassador to Portugal in the 1560s. When he returned to Paris, he brought tobacco with him. He cured Queen Catherine de Medici&#39;s chronic headaches with a powder made of tobacco leaves. The French Court discovered snuff.

Tobacco came to Sweden in the beginning of the 1600s. During the 1700s, it was fashionable to inhale snuff through the nose. Swedes first started tucking snuff (known in Sweden as snus) under the lip at the end of the 1700s. In 1822, Jacob Fredrik Ljunglöf started manufacturing snus. A few years later, he acquired the widely used quality standard, Number One, as his trademark. His product became known as Ettan (Number One).

Today, Sweden is the largest Nordic market with about one million snuff users (or "snus" as it is called in Swedish). More than half of these are former smokers. Women account for slightly more than 10 percent of "snus" consumers.

Furthermore, snuff has strong traditions in Northern Europe, North America, Africa and some countries in Asia.
    [/b][/quote]
    I never tried it.

is it really that good?

You Better Keep In Mind That I Can Read Between The Lines

Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to there level and beat you with experience!!

4. Lounge   -   #24
    Poster
    Well, hard to describe I suppose. You&#39;d have to try yourself you know I still send stuff to some friends in Germany who can&#39;t get it down there =)

5. Lounge   -   #25
    ShareDaddy's Avatar OLD ShareDaddy
    Started smoking as a teen, getting drunk after work as a teenager and the best looking girl was smoking Kools, so there is where I started. Then it was Marlboro Red&#39;s for the longest time, however Lucky Strikes are the best cigarette I have ever smoked, bar none. Went through the usual changes, Camels then Camel lights and now Marlboro Lights are the only thing I can smoke, Reds are better but after a day of smoking them I cannot talk well, kind of raspy so Lights are it.

I did quit for 7-months at one point, I was asked out by a girl I went to High School with a year or 2 after High School, so when I went to pick her up she smelled smoke on me and stated that she would not date anyone who smoked, I did not smoke another for 7-months, quit cold turkey and the only reason I started again as our first really bad fight. But we ended up married and have 3 kids now, been married 11 years and counting, but she lets me smoke now, the only problem is my kids, they tell me how bad it is and all everyday. I do not smoke in my house or in 2 of our cars, I do have an old hot rod and I do smoke in that, but I am down to less than a pack a day and hope to quit someday soon.

Edit: Typo

6. Lounge   -   #26
    Mivaro's Avatar _________
    Smoking since i was 14, the last 10 years Gauloises rollable tobacco ( what&#39;s the english word for "shag"??)
    'English impaired'

7. Lounge   -   #27
    Benno's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by danne@11 February 2003 - 18:14
    Well, hard to describe I suppose. You&#39;d have to try yourself you know I still send stuff to some friends in Germany who can&#39;t get it down there =)
    If they cant get it in Germany it wont be easy for me too find it in Austria.

You Better Keep In Mind That I Can Read Between The Lines

Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to there level and beat you with experience!!

8. Lounge   -   #28
    Poster
    Mivaro Posted on 11 February 2003 - 18:43
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Smoking since i was 14, the last 10 years Gauloises rollable tobacco ( what&#39;s the english word for "shag"??)&nbsp;
    mmmm..&#39;shag&#39; is also slang for sex in England....
    I used to smoke Gauloises Blonde wen i was in France...nearest word to shag in the sense you mean is probably &#39;rollies or tobacco&#39; i guess

9. Lounge   -   #29
    Poster
    Originally posted by Benno@11 February 2003 - 18:51
    If they cant get it in Germany it wont be easy for me too find it in Austria.
    Well, who said it&#39;d be easy to try the good stuff ?

10. Lounge   -   #30
    Poster
    marlboro lights

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast