Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Simple Unpacker ~ [ For Downloaders To Use ]

MysticRiffs's Avatar Super Ninja Smurf
    lolololololol

Far be it for me to argue with anyone wearing a "I am the Law!" T-Shirt.

For anyone else reading through this, when you catch your breathe, make your own minds up.
    Last edited by MysticRiffs; 08-19-2013 at 08:58 AM.

2. Newsgroups   -   #22
    Quote Originally Posted by piercerseth View Post
    The popular clients don't have a problem with filenames. I really wish you or Qmax or whomever would stop attaching that exe to posts. Nobody in their right mind would execute that, and sooner or later somebody is going to get caught in the trick bag running what they think is your program. Bad precedent.

I'm glad you want to contribute, but that doesn't put you or anybody else above scrutiny.
    There a number of uploaders that choose to add my program to their uploads to help the people who are not good at unpacking the files, there are many reasons why people use the program, lack of knowledge, not having the right software installed etc.

Yes and exe is a problematical way to distribute but the only other way i can come up with is the run a cmd file to start the exe which has had its filending changed or something along those lines
    Any sensible suggestions to get around this problem are more than welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by OldIronTits View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Chimaera- View Post

However in these days we need to help the less experienced to both upload easily and download easily so we keep the numbers using The Usenet in the majority .. together we are stronger ... this software is just another tool in the toolbox
    "these days we need to help the less experienced to both upload easily and download easily"

Your tool has nothing to do with uploading.

Furthermore, uploading is already easy.
    http://www.alt-bin.com/misc/gbpp.html
    Need SSL? https://www.stunnel.org/index.html

JBinup for others...

If anything, your tool will add at least one extra step for (new) uploaders.

You are wrong if you think we need to make downloading easier for new people. That kind of thinking is what is causing all of this pressure on Usenet. "Together" we are not stronger. In fact, that egregiously ignorant statement belies your basic understanding of the prosecution of piracy. Under the radar we are stronger.

Wanting to help people is good. Do not get me wrong. With that in mind, the people who would use a tool like this are most definitely not the kind of people I care to see on Usenet. They will post 0 content.
    Geez do you take everything this seriously ??
    Yes i mentioned uploading but in the global overall sense that usenet is not just about one side and yes the tool has nothing to do uploading..

Yes we need to make Downloading and Uploading easier for people, People want downloads of all their favourite things, and now downloading has passed more into the acceptable mainstream it will only get more.
    Yes under the radar is good but the attention on the usenet is just as intense as torrents or any other form of download.
    You dont want people in the Usenet? !! so you want to sit and have 1 person download your file? each to their own i guess.
    Downloading or Uploading is for everyone not just for you.

Quote Originally Posted by OldIronTits View Post
    1. "It's a genuinely useful addition to anyone's armament"....the **** it is. Anyone's armament. Yikes.
    Anyone can use it end of story.

Lets just clarify something

1st Rule Of Unpacking - You do not HAVE to use it.
    2nd Rule Of Unpacking - You do not HAVE to use it

You get the picture
    For you guys that know how to do all the things that my program does its quite simple, you dont have to use it.

Its an optional program Use it/don't use it i really dont mind but dont bitch about it for no reason.

Just be thankfull people like me make this kind of stuff for you to whine about.
    Last edited by Chimaera-; 08-19-2013 at 09:37 AM.

3. Newsgroups   -   #23
    will make my first (but maybe not last) reply brief

Thank You to the original poster for taking the effort to spend obviously quite some time writing a program to make things easier for all those that appreciate your work.

I similar to other comments here know alternate methods and often use them personally. this however enables me to give easy method to share with less experienced Noobs

I remember being a Noob .. now I think I own the usenet ( I don't really it belongs to the world and always should be for ALL not an elite)

over simplifying my main point of this post in 2 words for all to see

IT WORKS

4. Newsgroups   -   #24
    Yes i mentioned uploading but in the global overall sense that usenet is not just about one side
    What does that mean?

You dont want people in the Usenet? !! so you want to sit and have 1 person download your file? each to their own i guess.
    That is a straw man argument. Do you want EVERYONE on Usenet?

5. Newsgroups   -   #25
    Program Updated

Read Info in the 1st post for details

Thx

Update
    Program has been temporarily removed
    Incompatibility found with winrar 5 fix coming shortly when its done

Could be a short while
    Last edited by Chimaera-; 08-20-2014 at 02:21 PM.

6. Newsgroups   -   #26
    Is it opensource?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123