Thread: Simcity4!

OK, I downloaded the two files for simcity 4 off kazaa which took forever on 56k, and I've unpacked them from the iso in isobuster, and ive copied all the files into a directory and installed the game from there, which worked perfectly...then i copied the apps folder from the 1st disk file and replaced it with the installed one and then applied teh no cd patch i downloaded from kazaa...and it all starts up perfectly and everything....i go to select a piece of land to start my city in and then it starts loading, after it has said that its loading 2 things it crashing after the 3rd thing comes up.....what's going on! I can't play the game and I'm freaking out cos I've been dying to play it! My PC is using windows ME and its a P3 800mhz 256MB RAM with a geforce2 mx....i know its not the best to play with sc4 but it doesn't excuse it crashing while loading....also ive tried downloading the patch of the official site and it didnt make a difference...ive even burnt the games onto a disc and installed from there and it made no difference either...hope someone can help! I usually dont have any problems with other games

edit: it crashed while saying 'compunding inert tesselations' and I also noticed the mouse was flickering in the world map view before i chose my land, which didnt seem normal.

2. Games   -   #2
    Poster
    My "No cd patch" for sim city 4 is messed up too, your's sounds worse than mine, i think there are major bugs in the modified .EXE Patch, when mine starts up, some error messages up, then it will only load after pressing CTRL+ALT+DEL a couple of times, I dont think the problem is with the .ISO files.

3. Games   -   #3
    Well how can I play with the CD then? I tried making a CD 2 but it doesn't recognize it...does the name of the disc have to be exact? Cuz I have it as 'NEW'

4. Games   -   #4
    Poster
    if you have the game installed off a disk, you can download a "no cd exe" to run the game.
    It does not recognize a burned cd when you want to run the game because of copy protection.
    go to www.gamecopyworld.com for the no cd exe.

5. Games   -   #5
    None of this has worked! Thanks for your help but does anyone else know what could be the problem?