Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ... 678910111219 ... LastLast

Thread: Usenet 4 f*r*e*e

JunkBarMan's Avatar Milk Sucks,Got Beer?
    Can confirm that Free Tweak is working, just started a free trial. 8 connections, speeds are great.

Xennanews has been down a lot lately, and even when it's up the connection speeds aren't nearly as good as they once were. Overall can't complain when it's up, for a free service it does the trick
    Today is the day.

2. Guides and Tutorials   -   #82
    Hi there Sandman What other particular news servers do u use for free if u don't mind me asking thnx

3. Guides and Tutorials   -   #83
    sandman_1's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by thaig27 View Post
    Hi there Sandman What other particular news servers do u use for free if u don't mind me asking thnx
    Just the ones posted.
    Who needs cloud storage when you got the NSA?

4. Guides and Tutorials   -   #84
    Stabber's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    Quote Originally Posted by sandman_1 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sadsack View Post
    Hi chaps,

has free.tweaknews.nl gone as well now??? seems to have been down for ages...
    Free Tweak is still working. Are you using a NL proxy or VPN?

Xennanews looks to be down atm.

I have been having issues with Weathergirl and Hurrican Electric tunnel, "430 No such article" . Anyone else have this issue with Hurricane Electric tunnel and have a solution?
    I am in the EU will i be able to use this server (free.tweaknews.nl) and what speed should i expect ?

5. Guides and Tutorials   -   #85
    sandman_1's Avatar Poster
    You should be able to use it. The speed is OK but the retention is where free tweak shines. I think it is the same as a paid Tweaknews account, 800-1100 days.

Xennanews has been offline for weeks now. I hope it isn't gone for good. I heard something about the XSNews IPv6 free server run has ended. Could be related? I don't know.
    Who needs cloud storage when you got the NSA?

6. Guides and Tutorials   -   #86

Xennanews has been offline for weeks now. I hope it isn't gone for good. I heard something about the XSNews IPv6 free server run has ended. Could be related? I don't know.
    Xennanews is working. You have to turn SSL off.

7. Guides and Tutorials   -   #87
    Apologies in advance for posting a question that's bound to have been posted many times before...

Long-time Usenet user, but with files getting harder to find (in my experience anyway), would like to figure out how to make REQuests.

Googled for help, but seems to turn up a lot of old posts, including this helpful one from 2009 that led me here.

Am also an old IRC user, found my way to EFnet, but I don't see any of these Usenet channels anymore there. For instance, i'd like to find a.b.teevee @ EFnet.

Much appreciated if someone could advise as to how to find these Usenet IRC channels. Cheers.

8. Guides and Tutorials   -   #88
    I am also having troubles with xennanews. Im using these settings: hostname:test.xennanews.com port:563 connections:4
    No uname/pw or SSL. But I get (10061, 'Failed to connect: (10060, "(10061, \'Connection refused\')") [email protected]:563')
    Any ideas?

9. Guides and Tutorials   -   #89
    You should be able to use it. The speed is OK but the retention is where free tweak shines. I think it is the same as a paid Tweaknews account, 800-1100 days.

Be sure to also use port 119 after you turn off SSL. I forgot that and SABnzbd wouldn't connect...

10. Guides and Tutorials   -   #90
    Thanx for sharing this.

Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ... 678910111219 ... LastLast