Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 56789101118 ... LastLast

Thread: Usenet 4 f*r*e*e

sandman_1's Avatar Poster
    I am using a new fake email for free trial signups now. I was using Malinator but they are getting blocked by some of the free signups now. This one seemed to work for me,
    Code:
    http://www.fakemailgenerator.com/
    Who needs cloud storage when you got the NSA?

2. Guides and Tutorials   -   #72
    For anyone else with a free XS Usenet account, have the speeds been reduced?

I used to get between 100-200kb/s, don't remember exactly, but it was always in that area and definitely above 100kb/s. Right now I'm getting speeds ranging from about 10-45kb/s, maybe 30-35kb at most but usually in the 10-25kb/s range and occasionally dropping down to 0kb/s while shifting between 0-10kb/s.

I know I downloaded a file within the last 30 days so it was still working fine at least as of early August, but right now it's painfully slow. Is anyone else experiencing that? If not, what speeds are you getting? If it's only on my end then I can't imagine what could be causing it. Thanks in advance for any replies.

3. Guides and Tutorials   -   #73
    I don't really notice if there is slowdown with XS since I am using other servers. I usually can about max out my 30mbps connection with just free servers, so as long as that happens I am not complaining.

4. Guides and Tutorials   -   #74
    Hi all,

The 3 day settings for hitnews:.... is this correct for newsleecher.

once signed up..

free.hitnews.com
    port 119

(lets just say 5 connections)..

no username or password required ??

this is the bit where i get confused, how do they know you have signed up if you don't need a username and password? I tried the username and password that i gave when signing up, but this just throws up an 502 error.... suggesting that the username/password is no good....

any ideas chaps? because I have a feeling that one can no longer do the unlimited signups with hitnews.
    thanks for any help chaps..
    sadsack

5. Guides and Tutorials   -   #75
    thanks for the post op

6. Guides and Tutorials   -   #76
    Quote Originally Posted by sadsack View Post
    Hi all,

once signed up..

free.hitnews.com
    port 119

this is the bit where i get confused, how do they know you have signed up if you don't need a username and password? I tried the username and password that i gave when signing up, but this just throws up an 502 error.... suggesting that the username/password is no good....

any ideas chaps? because I have a feeling that one can no longer do the unlimited signups with hitnews.
    sadsack
    I never said Hitnews didn't require a username and password. You sign up and for a free trial account, which involves a username and password.

7. Guides and Tutorials   -   #77
    Stabber's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    Bad news for all xsnews ipv6 users . Unfortunately there no more free testing , so this is the end guys . R.I.P Xsnews ipv6

500 Thank you for testing IPv6. XSNews now offers IPv6 on all packages. Register now at http://www.xsnews.com

8. Guides and Tutorials   -   #78
    Hi chaps,

has free.tweaknews.nl gone as well now??? seems to have been down for ages...

Quote Originally Posted by sandman_1 View Post
    Hi all,

once signed up..

free.hitnews.com
    port 119

sadsack
    I never said Hitnews didn't require a username and password. You sign up and for a free trial account, which involves a username and password.

thanks for the info sandman.... maybe hitnews never sent me the username/password.... because the one i set it up with just didn't work... weird.
    Last edited by sadsack; 10-20-2014 at 03:25 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

9. Guides and Tutorials   -   #79
    Stabber's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    Only free solution working good so far is test.xennanews.com

10. Guides and Tutorials   -   #80
    Hi chaps,

has free.tweaknews.nl gone as well now??? seems to have been down for ages...
    Free Tweak is still working. Are you using a NL proxy or VPN?

Xennanews looks to be down atm.

I have been having issues with Weathergirl and Hurrican Electric tunnel, "430 No such article" . Anyone else have this issue with Hurricane Electric tunnel and have a solution?
    Last edited by sandman_1; 10-20-2014 at 09:52 PM.

Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 56789101118 ... LastLast