Page 13 of 54 FirstFirst ... 31011121314151623 ... LastLast

Thread: which is your all time favorite movie ???

megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

2. Movies & TV   -   #122
    mjmacky's Avatar an alchemist?
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmyblackcab View Post
    feckin hate that word .......RETARD.... but then again i'm speaking as a parent of a child with special needs.....
    To retard is to slow a process. Its use as a derogatory term can apply to constructs, willful idiots, and those with physiological developmental disorders. In essence, it always addresses a below average progression.

I believe most intelligent people are capable of using it in a non offensive manner. To devote a personal passion toward an item of the lexicon is a bit silly. Are you retarded or something?
    Everything is brought to you by Fjohürs Lykkewe.

3. Movies & TV   -   #123
    Poster
    +-wow its obvious you are'nt with an answer like that ....that was straight out of the oxford english dictionary that one ..... it always amazes me how a simple remark to something that WAS meant as something offensive can be answered by a member of the cast of the BIG BANG THEORY and made to sound as if it is the right thing to say you must have a team of researchers to write your daily scripts for you so that you can give politically correct answer's to any given subject. WELL DONE SHELDON ..

Yours sincerely

someone who does not own a dictionary

PS ..and i agree most intelligent people would be capable of using the remark in a non offensive way BUT i did not send it to someone who was
    Last edited by jimmyblackcab; 04-22-2014 at 07:41 AM.

4. Movies & TV   -   #124
    Artemis's Avatar ¿ןɐɯɹou ǝq ʎɥʍ BT Rep: +3
    Would you prefer window licker as a description for the moronic posts that appear with increasing frequency on this board?

4d7920686f76657263726166742069732066756c6c206f662065656c73

5. Movies & TV   -   #125
    shriganeshkrupa
    For me their are many movies,Harry Potter Series,Dark knight and Dark knight Rises

6. Movies & TV   -   #126
    Poster
    would it be fair to say then that there is a just a chosen few that are allowed to attempt to entertain us with comments that have become acceptable in certain circles of society,,,, the difference here is that i tend to say what i think is right ???? not what i think others want to hear ???? because either they have been a member longer than others or they are just the class clown that is expected to come up with what they think are entertaining phrases that only appeal to people with the same level of reasoning?????????? this has developed from an earlier comment that was made by myself regarding the use of the word RETARD which lets face it was not used in the latter context (But an attempt to make it seem innocent was put forward by way of a third party) I will not go against what i believe in just to make people look more interesting than they really are ....statistics dictate that there will be a large portion of members and guests that WILL have someone in their family that has some form of a disability ???? with me it is my daughter who was born with DOWNS SYNDROME so yes certain terminologies do offend and that was one of them....no matter how you try to butter up the way it was said..........anyway sorry for speaking out of turn about something so dear to my heart....

7. Movies & TV   -   #127
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    In my defense I only called him a retard because it made me momentarily feel better and actual physical violence wasn't an option.

Btw I consider myself an extremely tolerant person as I rarely comment on how much Quaterquack's face offends me.

Quote Originally Posted by mjmacky View Post

To retard is to slow a process. Its use as a derogatory term can apply to constructs, willful idiots, and those with physiological developmental disorders. In essence, it always addresses a below average progression.

I believe most intelligent people are capable of using it in a non offensive manner. To devote a personal passion toward an item of the lexicon is a bit silly. Are you retarded or something?
    ^^ Emotional retard.
    Last edited by IdolEyes787; 04-22-2014 at 11:37 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Respect my lack of authority.

8. Movies & TV   -   #128
    Artemis's Avatar ¿ןɐɯɹou ǝq ʎɥʍ BT Rep: +3
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmyblackcab
    would it be fair to say then that there is a just a chosen few that are allowed to attempt to entertain us with comments that have become acceptable in certain circles of society,,,, the difference here is that i tend to say what i think is right ???? not what i think others want to hear ???? because either they have been a member longer than others or they are just the class clown that is expected to come up with what they think are entertaining phrases that only appeal to people with the same level of reasoning?????????? this has developed from an earlier comment that was made by myself regarding the use of the word RETARD which lets face it was not used in the latter context (But an attempt to make it seem innocent was put forward by way of a third party) I will not go against what i believe in just to make people look more interesting than they really are ....statistics dictate that there will be a large portion of members and guests that WILL have someone in their family that has some form of a disability ???? with me it is my daughter who was born with DOWNS SYNDROME so yes certain terminologies do offend and that was one of them....no matter how you try to butter up the way it was said..........anyway sorry for speaking out of turn about something so dear to my heart...

You know that nearly brought a tear to my eye.....well it would if I was a teenage girl and loved melodrama, since I am not that rather prissy speech was fairly laughable. I am talking about YOU here and your belief that you should say 'that there is a just a chosen few that are allowed to attempt to entertain us with comments that have become acceptable in certain circles of society,,,, the difference here is that i tend to say what i think is right ???? not what i think others want to hear ????'.

If you are going to be so easily offended by comments on an internet forum then you may not want to be an active member of this one too much longer, we might make you cry and that would be sad.....

As for the second part of the speech and the daughter with DOWNS SYNDROME, another poster in this very thread has a child who is also afflicted with Trisomy 21, while we have others here with children with other needs including Autism. They all manage to carry on here without the need to become offended, and I myself have a condition which has caused me to be called a retard and treated differently my entire life. What offends me is how lazy and dull witted many people are becoming in their almost childlike posts, some of which you actually have to read several times before you can decipher the meaning, if there is actually a meaning at all.
    Last edited by Artemis; 04-22-2014 at 11:44 AM.

4d7920686f76657263726166742069732066756c6c206f662065656c73

9. Movies & TV   -   #129
    Poster
    you seem to be melodramatic in other ways and as far as child like posts there is nothing wrong in being a little sympathetic to how people might feel when they hear certain words that could hit a nerve ????? i mean lets face it its obvious that my comments have hit a lot of nerves today and i have not said anything that would offend..anyway think its better to agree to disagree and leave it (so long farewell Auf Wiedersehen goodbye. )sound of music another good film ha ha ha ha ha

10. Movies & TV   -   #130
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    I've actually been looking for some breeding stock for my son. At this point I'm willing to consider any options as long as she doesn't have that over-sized tongue thing. That really creeps me out.

And drooling. But I have to assume those sort of go together...

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyblackcab View Post
    Yours sincerely

someone who does not own a dictionary
    Apple doesn't fall far from the tree, does it?
    Last edited by megabyteme; 04-22-2014 at 01:59 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

Page 13 of 54 FirstFirst ... 31011121314151623 ... LastLast