Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Thread: Quote Something Good

Darth Sushi's Avatar Sushi Lord
    From Highlander:
    Kurgan: [to everyone in the church] I have something to say! It's better to burn out than to fade away!

From Conan the Barbarian:
    Mongol General: Hao! Dai ye! We won again! This is good, but what is best in life?

Mongol: The open steppe, fleet horse, falcons at your wrist, and the wind in your hair.

Mongol General: Wrong! Conan! What is best in life?

Conan: To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of their women.

From Aliens:
    Hudson: Hey Vasquez, have you ever been mistaken for a man?

Vasquez: No. Have you?

2. Lounge   -   #12
    "I was always lazy. Until those fortified yogurts with vitamins and stuff came out. Now I still do nothing, but much faster and with twice the energy" -- Roberto Pettinato

"This isn't about stealing from the rich to give to the poor, like Robinson Crusoe did" -- Carlos Menem
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

3. Lounge   -   #13
    bigboab's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    One more drink and I will be under the host - Dorothy Parker
    The best way to keep a secret:- Tell everyone not to tell anyone.

4. Lounge   -   #14
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Excellent choice, boab. Your post enticed me to look up more of her quotes:

I might repeat to myself, slowly and soothingly, a list of quotations beautiful from minds profound; if I can remember any of the damn things.
    There's a hell of a distance between wise-cracking and wit. Wit has truth in it; wise-cracking is simply calisthenics with words.
    All those writers who write about their own childhood! Gentle God, if I wrote about mine you wouldn't sit in the same room with me.
    You can lead a horticulture, but you can't make her think.
    • Parker's answer when asked to use the word horticulture during a game of Can-You-Give-Me-A-Sentence?
    I'm never going to accomplish anything; that's perfectly clear to me. I'm never going to be famous. My name will never be writ large on the roster of Those Who Do Things. I don't do anything. Not one single thing. I used to bite my nails, but I don't even do that any more.
    And she had It. It, hell; she had Those.
    Last edited by megabyteme; 09-20-2013 at 10:52 AM. Reason: Quoted from https://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Dorothy_Parker
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

5. Lounge   -   #15
    Darth Sushi's Avatar Sushi Lord
    Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most. - Ozzy Osbourne

6. Lounge   -   #16
    bigboab's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    The play was a great success, but the audience was a total failure - Oscar Wilde
    The best way to keep a secret:- Tell everyone not to tell anyone.

7. Lounge   -   #17
    Artemis's Avatar ¿ןɐɯɹou ǝq ʎɥʍ BT Rep: +3
    “'You are drunk Sir Winston, you are disgustingly drunk. 'Yes, Mrs. Braddock, I am drunk. But you, Mrs. Braddock are ugly, and disgustingly fat. But, tomorrow morning, I, Winston Churchill will be sober.”

- Sir Winston Churchill

4d7920686f76657263726166742069732066756c6c206f662065656c73

8. Lounge   -   #18
    natedogg's Avatar R.I.P. Nate Dogg :(
    "I get no respect. The way my luck is running, if I was a politician I would be honest." Rodney Dangerfield

9. Lounge   -   #19
    ..... BT Rep: +2
    “So many vows … they make you swear and swear. Defend the king. Obey the king. Keep his secrets. Do his bidding. Your life for his. But obey your father. Love your sister. Protect the innocent. Defend the weak. Respect the gods. Obey the laws. It’s too much. No matter what you do, you’re forsaking one vow or another.” Jaime Lannister/The Kingslayer-GRRM

10. Lounge   -   #20
    Alien5's Avatar μετά BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    If assholes could fly...
    this place would be an airport.

Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast