Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4567891017 ... LastLast

Thread: Quote Something Good

IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Quote Originally Posted by megabyteme View Post
    “I liked it. I was good at it. I was alive.”
    So has the thread title been changed to "misquote something good" and I didn't notice?

"I did it for me. I liked it. I was good at it, and I was alive".
    Play it again,Meg.

"We are all swimmers of a sort,but from that vantage point it is impossible to get a look at the tide".

Or in my case,foolishly choose to ignore it.
    Houston, we have a problem.
    Respect my lack of authority.

2. Lounge   -   #62
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    "I did it for me. I liked it. I was good at it, and I was alive".
    Like you'd know.
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

3. Lounge   -   #63
    I don't pretend to know stuff,I only pretend to be right.

4. Lounge   -   #64
    TheFoX's Avatar www.arsebook.com
    I don't pretend to know stuff,I only pretend to be right. -- IdolEyes787
    Quote Originally Posted by OlegL
    You are one of the nicest and most mature people on this board; I would never ignore someone like you.

5. Lounge   -   #65
    Reality and fantasy are just two sections in the bookstore.

6. Lounge   -   #66
    Reality and fantasy are just two sections in the bookstore.
    You must have more upscale adult bookstores than we have around here.
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

7. Lounge   -   #67
    Poster
    Please excuse my over weaning pride but I've got to do it -

"The deadliest weapon in the world is a Marine and his rifle" General Pershing, US Army.

"Hard pressed on my right, My center is yielding. Impossible to maneuver. Situation excellent. I am attacking!" Ferdinand Foch.

"So they've got us surrounded. Good. That simplifies the problem! Now we can fire in any direction, those bastards won't get away this time!" Chesty Puller, USMC.

"The more Marines I have around the better I like it!" General Mark Clark, US Army.

"Sometimes it is entirely appropriate to kill a fly with a sledge-hammer!" Major Holdredge.

"A ship without Marines is like a garment without buttons!" Admiral David Porter, USN.

"The Marines have landed and have the situation well in hand!" Richard Harding Davis.

"Casualties many; Percentage of dead not known; Combat efficiency: We are winning!" Colonel David M. Shoup, USMC

"I can never again see a United States Marine without experiencing a feeling of reverence." General Johnson, US Army.

"The raising of the flag on Suribachi means a Marine Corps for the next 500 years." James Forrestal, Secretary of the Navy.

"Come on you sons of bitches! Do you want to live forever?" Gunnery Sgt. Daniel Daly, USMC

"We're not retreating, Hell! We're just attacking in a different direction!" General Oliver Smith, USMC

"I have just returned from visiting the Marines at the front, and there is not a finer fighting organization in the world!" General Douglas Macarthur, US Army

"Teufelhunden! (Devil Dog)" Nickname given by German Soldiers, WW1 at Belleau Wood.

"We have two companies of Marines running all over this island and thousands of Army troops doing nothing!" General John Vessey, Chairman of Joint Chiefs (About Grenada).

"Retreat hell! We just got here!" Captain Lloyd Williams, USMC.

"The safest place in Korea was right behind a platoon of Marines. Lord, how they could fight!"

"Panic sweeps my men when they are facing the American Marines." Captured North Korean Major.

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem." President Ronald Reagan.

"Marines are about the most peculiar breed of human beings I have ever witnessed. They treat their service as if it were some kind of cult, plastering their emblem on almost everything they own, making themselves up to look like insane fanatics with haircuts ungentlemanly short, worshipping their Commandant almost as if he were a god, and making weird animal noises like a band of savages. They will fight like rabid dogs at the drop of a hat just for the sake of a little action and are the cockiest SOB's I have ever known. Most have the foulest mouths and drink well beyond a man's normal limits. But, their high spirits and sense of brotherhood set them apart and generally speaking the United States Marines I have come in contact with are the most professional soldiers and the finest men I have had the pleasure to meet." Anonymous Canadian Citizen 1969.

"The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps!" ..............Eleanor Roosevelt, 1945.

"THE UNITED STATES MARINE CORPS... is over 225 years of romping, stomping, hell, death and destruction. The finest fighting machine the world has ever seen. We were born in a Bomb Crater, Our Mother was an M-16 & Our Father was the Devil. Each moment that I live is an additional threat upon your life. I am a rough looking, roving soldier of the sea. I am cocky, self-centered, overbearing, and do not know the meaning of fear, for I am fear itself. I am a green amphibious monster, made of blood and guts, who arose from the sea, feasting on anti-Americans throughout the globe. Whenever it may arise, and when my time comes, I will die a glorious death on the battlefield, giving my life for Mom, the Corps, and the American Flag. We stole the eagle from the Air Force, the anchor from the Navy, and the rope from the Army. On the 7th day, while God rested, we over-ran his perimeter and stole the globe, and we've been running the show ever since. We live like soldiers and talk like sailors and slap the Hell out of both of them. Marine by day, lover by night, drunkard by choice, MARINE BY GOD!!! OORAH!!!"

8. Lounge   -   #68
    Quote Originally Posted by nancyscalf64 View Post
    Please excuse my over weaning pride but I've got to do it -
    I enjoyed those. They are great reminders of the men and women who are doing the dirty work while the rest of us have sat on the sidelines and second guessed the decisions made by politicians.

9. Lounge   -   #69
    You forgot the best quote.

"I am tired and sick of war. Its glory is all moonshine. It is only those who have neither fired a shot nor heard the shrieks and groans of the wounded who cry aloud for blood, for vengeance, for desolation. War is hell".

-William Tecumseh Sherman

Anyone that thinks otherwise is dangerously delusional or a fool.

So basically most Marines.

10. Lounge   -   #70
    Poster
    You forgot the best quote.

Anyone that thinks otherwise is dangerously delusional or a fool.

So basically most Marines.
    Actually you've got it backwards, just like the best conservationists are hunter's, the biggest pacifists are military personnel. Do you think I liked having Himself gone on all those 6 - 8 month long deployments especially when I was pregnant? He certainly didn't. Or anyone deployed overseas now? .

I think you are confusing devotion to duty with love of war. They are two entirely different things

Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4567891017 ... LastLast