Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Iphone meet Vista.... Don't upgrade to ios 7

For the past few days I have been trying to help a few of my not so savvy friends figure out a way to downgrade their iphones to ios 6... unfortunately Apple has made this (next to) impossible. I was patient enough to wait and see what (if any) the problems of the new os would be and damn if it has not turned out to be Apple's worst flop since their Performa series of computers. This is comparable to windows' vista and I fear it is only going to get worse.
    The following is a quote from another blog but it sums up my feelings and experience with my gal pals phone... which she now detests!

"iOS 7 is nothing more than design fad over function. Completely at odds with the (now apparently previous) Apple design ethic.

Apple marketing can try adding lipstick to this pig all they want, but it is simply childish, user-unfriendly, and exhibits outright contempt for customers’ wishes. When they can’t even figure out readable color combinations for text versus background, I have to SERIOUSLY question the competence of the post-Jobs Apple. If they stubbornly defend this disaster and refuse to admit their mistake I am going to Android. Trashing an entire company for a stupid design fad…amazing."

Anyways... I know this is late... but if you have an iphone and have not upgraded yet...DON'T... or at the very least, read up on it and see what almost 99% of users are saying about it... (They fucking hate it!)

...And if there are any of you out there that can offer advice or are in a similar situation... please let me know if you discover a way to restore back down to ios 6 should Apple continue to ignore the pleas of what once was a loyal customer base. I suppose we will see... I for one feel that their arrogance has out distanced their integrity.
    After over 20 years... they are losing me.
    No life ever grows great until it is focused, dedicated and disciplined.

2. Lounge   -   #2
    mjmacky's Avatar an alchemist?
    I'd point out that the Android OS was better before they bukkaked their iOS.
    Everything is brought to you by Fjohürs Lykkewe.

3. Lounge   -   #3
    Quote Originally Posted by mjmacky View Post
    Yes... Those newer Samsungs bear your point well... and that is why it is so disappointing that Apple's new iOS looks like a dumbed down version of Android, and not the innovative, tech advance, industry leading standard that I and other arrogant Mac connaisseurs have come to expect...
    No life ever grows great until it is focused, dedicated and disciplined.

4. Lounge   -   #4
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Quote Originally Posted by Vestibule View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mjmacky View Post
    Yes... Those newer Samsungs bear your point well... and that is why it is so disappointing that Apple's new iOS looks like a dumbed down version of Android, and not the innovative, tech advance, industry leading standard that I and other arrogant Mac connaisseurs have come to expect...
    I loved the story (-ies) of people getting lost in the desert and needing rescue (Australia, I think it was) due to the map errors of the last incineration incarnation.
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

5. Lounge   -   #5
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

6. Lounge   -   #6
    Mr. Mulder's Avatar pepper your angus BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    i upgraded all our iPhones for our sales team in the office t'other day to iOSAndroid. The stupid people hate it and say it’s too different, the ones who can think and talk say "its kind of different, it'll take a couple of days to get used to"

My Winodws 8 phone > iOS

*saying that i did have to disable WiFi standard B to get them to connect to our netgear WAP

7. Lounge   -   #7
    Stehle's Avatar Poster
    I wholeheartedly agree with all the above statements. I have both rooted & jalbroken, (whose to say filesharing hasn't gone mobile), I prefer an Android ios & device to run it on. I was waiting for my last iPhone to die, but after reading the informative statement of Vestibule's original posting, I will not be upgrading to 7 no matter how fast a jailbreak is available for it.

Thanks!

8. Lounge   -   #8
    iOS 7 has caused me some problems, not gonna lie.

My iPhone 4S used to have no issues going down to 1% battery, but now on iOS 7 it actually decides to shut down somewhere between 10 and 20%... Quite annoying when I wanted to keep the hardware for awhile longer and the software changes it's behavior so drastically.

P.S. first post Hey everyone

9. Lounge   -   #9
    Sasu-Kins's Avatar Member
    Mehr, hate to see such negative stuff.. Looks like I'm one of the few who adore iOS 7.~ But then again, I haven't ran into any problems with it. Upgrade went smoothly (surprisingly) and for my 4s works about what I expected it to. Then again, whenever I get bored with iOS I still have my rooted Kindle Fire currently running Jelly Bean ;P

10. Lounge   -   #10
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Quote Originally Posted by Sasu-Kins View Post
    Mehr, hate to see such negative stuff.
    OK who else sees something a tad contradictory in the above statement?
    Respect my lack of authority.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast