Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What browser works best with self-signed certificates

Night0wl's Avatar GoaHead BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    I have recently started being blocked from sites, using self-signed SSL certificates, in Firefox with no workaround.

What is a fast, reliable, compatible and secure (and preferably customizable) alternative that works on all the sites?
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFoX View Post
    In the old days, if you misbehaved on a tracker, you got disabled, or worse, IP banned.

Nowadays, there are more trackers than there are members, so if your tracker misbehaves, they get bookmark removed, or worse, URL deleted.

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    Quote Originally Posted by Night0wl View Post
    I have recently started being blocked from sites, using self-signed SSL certificates, in Firefox with no workaround.
    Have you tried this addon?

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/fir...ip-cert-error/
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Unfortunately it still refuses to let me in. It's like Firefox has started ignoring the security exceptions entirely. I have tried the same thing that plugin does manually and even tried clearing every stored certificate and exception. It started with just BCG, but now it's FTN also all of a sudden.

I have already spent literately hours on trying to find a fix for this and now I have come to the point, where I just want to drop Firefox entirely and find something else.
    In the old days, if you misbehaved on a tracker, you got disabled, or worse, IP banned.

Nowadays, there are more trackers than there are members, so if your tracker misbehaves, they get bookmark removed, or worse, URL deleted.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    A's Avatar ... BT Rep: +1
    PTN uses self-signed certificate and I can access the site by clicking "I understand the risks" button just as before on latest firefox.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    stoi's Avatar BCG Owner BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    We are going to get rid of ours, it will be a couple of weeks though.

I get in fine with chrome, just click the proceed anyway button twice.

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    ghurka's Avatar Welsh Bhoy BT Rep: +5
    I've just managed to get into BCG using IE (much as I hate to use it). There is a suggestion on BCG forums that you should be able to get on using Firefox if you install and use the IE tab. Might be worth a try.

IE tab also works with Chrome.
    Last edited by ghurka; 10-20-2013 at 03:22 PM.

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Aby View Post
    PTN uses self-signed certificate and I can access the site by clicking "I understand the risks" button just as before on latest firefox.
    I'm not a member of PTN, so can't compare. This issue isn't affecting all self-signed certificates as quite a few of the sites I use have these. So far only BCG and FTN are affected. Until 2-3 days ago it was only BCG.

Quote Originally Posted by ghurka View Post
    I've just managed to get into BCG using IE (much as I hate to use it). There is a suggestion on BCG forums that you should be able to get on using Firefox if you install and use the IE tab. Might be worth a try.

IE tab also works with Chrome.
    Using IE-Tab worked for both sites. Thanks a lot for saving me the trouble of switching.
    Last edited by Night0wl; 10-20-2013 at 04:29 PM.

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    mjmacky's Avatar an alchemist?
    An utterly boring proposition with an utterly boring resolution makes me wonder why people without a sense of humor still have confidence in getting help here.
    Everything is brought to you by Fjohürs Lykkewe.

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    CleverMan's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    best browser is IE9-11

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    def would say chrome

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast