Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: What is the safest way to download usenet and torrent files

I have a subscription to astraweb. Which server (us or uk)should I point at using which port and which downloader do you prefer? I also would like to use a VPN service . I current have vypervpn. I have heard not to use it. Which VPN service is the safest to keep aanomonimity. I am not so much concerned with speed as much as I am about being private and annonymous. I am just looking to download some movies. Thanks

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    Quote Originally Posted by maddog14 View Post
    I have a subscription to astraweb. Which server (us or uk)should I point at using which port and which downloader do you prefer? I also would like to use a VPN service . I current have vypervpn. I have heard not to use it. Which VPN service is the safest to keep aanomonimity. I am not so much concerned with speed as much as I am about being private and annonymous. I am just looking to download some movies. Thanks
    US/UK will depend on where you're physically located, obviously. Survey says Sabnzbd or alt.binz are the preferred clients in use around here. I'm not aware of a reader that actually pays the server's certificate any mind, but using port 443 should keep an isp from passively snooping at least.

On vpns: Vypr's a Giganews service, but you also subscribe to astraweb? Strange. Follow anon's link and read up.

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    Quote Originally Posted by piercerseth View Post
    US/UK will depend on where you're physically located, obviously. Survey says Sabnzbd or alt.binz are the preferred clients in use around here. I'm not aware of a reader that actually pays the server's certificate any mind, but using port 443 should keep an isp from passively snooping at least.

On vpns: Vypr's a Giganews service, but you also subscribe to astraweb? Strange. Follow anon's link and read up.
    Yes I found VyperVPN while looking at giganews. I decided to try it out as a stand a lone service. Didnt like it and heard bad things on it. Decided to go with TorGuard now after doing much research which has worked really well for me. I primarily use torrents as they are a lot easier for the things I am looking for. Thanks a lot for the help all.

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    stop downloding best for u self lol

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    Stop downloading torrents?

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    stop.its safe for you

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    I don't get what you're saying

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    pootystomp's Avatar Poster
    I don't get what you're saying
    No one does. I think he's implying that you're in over your head.

10. File Sharing   -   #10
    Ahhh OK

Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast