Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bluray quality

Hi,

I want to download as close to bluray quality as possible, however I'm confused by the different sizes in file. Would I not really notice much difference in files that are say 12gb compared to 25/30gb?

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Stehle's Avatar Poster
    I believe it's just semantics, quality, but especially content to me plays a big roll.

I have found ANY blueray rip 6-9gb... .mkv, .mp4 even avi's etc. seems to be a very sufficient quality for me. If they state 1080p or 720p in the header even at a 2-3gb footprint is newsgroup fodder for me. (Truth be known I've watched a few 780mb BR rips depending how anxious I was to see it.)

Of course there is all those "extras" & interviews to think of ...naww... have you ever downloaded 25/30gb for ONE movie? Have you ever burned a BluRay disk for one movie? I have and it seems to take forever. My Sony would collect dust if that was all it did. I'd rather just watch and enjoy the flic.

(Short answer... those are what the 25/30gb files are all about.)

Saving for posterity? Technology? I used to have about 2k in the old VHS tapes before I put them to the curb.

(Just my opinion... I could be wrong. 'nuff said.)
    Last edited by Stehle; 11-01-2013 at 05:25 PM. Reason: Bored

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    Short answer, no.

For me 1080p mkv rips are sufficient for any movie. They usually range from 1.2GB to 4GB.

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    Quote Originally Posted by electricraid View Post
    Short answer, no.

For me 1080p mkv rips are sufficient for any movie. They usually range from 1.2GB to 4GB.
    I tend to stay away from the majority of 1080p WEB-DLs. Tv or movie. Too low a bitrate, picture quality suffers.

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    I think we all been there. Trying to get the best of everything once you hear it. But bluray quality is overrated. The visual difference between bluray and 1080p on a large plasma is too little to justify the file size difference and extra slow download. Heck even 720p rips are good enough.

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    Quote Originally Posted by piercerseth View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by electricraid View Post
    Short answer, no.

I tend to stay away from the majority of 1080p WEB-DLs. Tv or movie. Too low a bitrate, picture quality suffers.
    This is true. I meant blu ray rips.

I only dl web rips if i am desperate to see the movie asap. I pretty much only download 1080p blu ray rips. However i recently downloaded a movie that was a 720p rip but was 3.6GB in size and it was exceptional quality...

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Please remove this thread from the movie section as it has nothing to do with movies and much to do with bittards.
    Respect my lack of authority.

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Quote Originally Posted by yoyoman123 View Post
    Heck even 720p rips are good enough.
    Great point too often missed by people being kinda silly, IMO.

I do, however, look forward to seeing 4k done well. I remember the first time I saw true 1080p- I was amazed.
    Last edited by megabyteme; 11-15-2013 at 02:24 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    mjmacky's Avatar an alchemist?
    Quote Originally Posted by megabyteme View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by yoyoman123 View Post
    Heck even 720p rips are good enough.

I do, however, look forward to seeing 4k done well. I remember the first time I saw true 1080p- I was amazed.
    I'm pretty sure most of that was in your head.
    Everything is brought to you by Fjohürs Lykkewe.

10. File Sharing   -   #10
    Quote Originally Posted by mjmacky View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by megabyteme View Post

I'm pretty sure most of that was in your head.
    are that kinder garden them speak??

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast