Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Movie Conversion Question

Nightwolf's Avatar Old Guy
    You don't even need to use Virtualdub. TMPGenc can convert the entire file from .avi to .mpg as is (you might need to change some priorities in the environment settings). But I don't recommend overburning either.

2. Movies & TV   -   #12
    Skillian's Avatar T H F C f a n BT Rep: +1
    You don't even need to use Virtualdub. TMPGenc can convert the entire file from .avi to .mpg
    That is very true and can bring good results. I do find though that sometimes this causes audio synch problems. This is prevented by saving the audio first with virtualdub, plus it only takes 5 mins to do.

3. Movies & TV   -   #13
    Poster
    step by step brother
    click here
    vcd help has quirky navigation
    but youll find alot of answers

4. Movies & TV   -   #14
    Why when I use TMPGenc the file originally is about 680,000 kb, but after converting it to mpeg it becomes over 2,000,000 kb ??? Am I doing something wrong ??? I read the vcdhelp.com and the dvdrhelp.com links but my file becomes WAY too big. Is there a way to shrink it to close to normal while still retaining most of it's visual quality. I have Nero 5.5.1.8 -something like that- and I have the newest version of TMPGenc off the website as well as virtual dub and the mp3 Freeze Virtual Dub... if any of this helps.

5. Movies & TV   -   #15
    Poster
    if the file is around 700 mbs or less, it should convert to around the same size, if your following step by step, im really not sure as to what your problem is, it sounds like your saving it as an uncompressed format....my best advice is to split the file up with tmpgenc or virtual dub and then encode, ive had so much of the same issues b4, and the results will vary from file to file...
    if all else fails, cut the file up with Vdub m8
    the worst that could happen is youll end up with a 4 disk high quality movie ....

6. Movies & TV   -   #16
    vivitron 15's Avatar Poster
    use VDub to extract the audio to a wave file. it saves probs ocuring right at the end.

still in VDub, click >file>file information. REmember the frame rate number (either 23.96 or 24, 25, 29.96 fps..its in the top box)

in TMPEGENC load the wizard. select (NTSC if the file was 29.976 fps; NTSC film if it was 23.976 or 24 fps; PAL if it was 25fps) then >next

select the video and audio files you have. >next >next

on wizard page 4/5, select CD-R 74min or CD-R 80min (depending on which size CD you use)

click Expert>system

right click on stream type, and click unlock..ignore the error msg (click yes).

the box on the right should now be usable..click on MPEG1 - Video CD-non standard

go to video tab. Right Click "frame rate">unlock (again ignore error msg)

go to audio tab. Right Click "frame rate">unlock (again ignore error msg)

go to advanced tab> video arrange method drop down box. Change this to full screen kep aspect ratio

click OK, and return to project wizard 4/5

now on this screen, it'll tel you how many % of one disk its gona fill. If this number is like 199% then its probably best to just do it how it is.

If this is anything less, then you can play with it. (Ive done films up to around 170% and they've been absolutely fine)

basically the 2 unlocked frame rates are the quality. You can reduce these till the film is 99% of the disk. If you have a lot to reduce by, then it is perfectly fine to reduce the audio bitrate to 160. this is still acceptable quality. I also usually reduce the video bitrate to around 900. This again is fine, though in the future you may want to play with these numbers.

Click >next, specify a filename and click OK.

There you go, I think I included everything

Oh yeah, if you want to up the quality but double the encode time, in Project Wizard 4/5>Expert>video>rate control mode>change to 2 pass VBR, though im not convinced myself

EDIT: clarity
    <insert signature here>

7. Movies & TV   -   #17
    I&#39;ll try this vivitron 15 and see if it works. I&#39;ll leave the encoding while I go to work since I&#39;m sure it&#39;ll take a while .....

8. Movies & TV   -   #18
    http://www.dvdrhelp.com/tmpgenc.htmwell here we go again find gspot http://www.headbands.com/gspot/ it is a tool to check and see if you have the right codecs installed.. no codec no sound or no video... the best mpeg encoder is tmpgenc.. the quality is great...but its best to decompress the audio first... try audio decompressor(located in avi2vcd program file in the first link) don&#39;t use avi2vcd to convert the quality is not as good the decopressed audio file will be aprox. 300mb bigger than a 700 mb avi file.. don&#39;t worry the final size after tmpgenc is smaller...http://www.dvdrhelp.com/tools after you decompress the audio view the file check for proper sound sync... another trick before converting to mpeg is to check for frozen frames with vdub i use" vdub mp3" in case the file has variable bitrate ...http://www.dvdrhelp.com/forum/userguides/142555.php... after this then comes the boring part the mpeg convert with tmpgenc.. then you split the file if it is to big into 2 (I know you can reduce the size by changing the bitrate but i find that a little too complicated)... then burn i prefer cd creator 5 but your choice.. boy what a mouthful.. i hope you can understand all this here is another tid bit link also/www.vcdhelp.com/forum/userguides/119019.php vcdhelp.com is great...

9. Movies & TV   -   #19
    I got an "illegal floating decimal" error at 12 % .... what happened ???? Also I checked my fps. with VDub and it&#39;s none of the above ... it&#39;s 29.971, what do I do about that ???

10. Movies & TV   -   #20
    vivitron 15's Avatar Poster
    look at the link accat13 gave, to check you have the right codec installed. This might be the problem for the illegal floating point error. Or download the klite codec pack. (available from here i think.

If your bitrate is 29.971 then use 29.976. Im not sure how accurate it should be, but I never have any problems with using stg similar, i just always use the nearest value (i.e. 24fps works ok on 23.976fps setting, so i usually leave it.) (NB, in the future, if you want to change it, right click on frame rate in expert, and click unlock. this gives you a drop down menu of settings)

anyway, it sounds to me to be a codec problem, try that, if not let me know.

PS, if you PM me the sig2dat link, ill download it, and try it for you
    <insert signature here>

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast