Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: ScT REMBERANCE DAY!!

bumrocks's Avatar Poster Roaster BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    The only site I miss is FTWR as it has not been replaceable (for me personally at least). ScT was easily replaceable and was never my first choice anyways. Really it is a matter of taste and ones "needs" (I hate using that word here)...I am so out of the loop I have never even heard of TSH or whatever it is I keep seeing. Personally, not trying to be too much of an ass but a "rememberance" of this site is kinda gay imo. I wonder if the OP was even a member or lived under a rock and didn't know how they sheisted and profited off of stolen products to begin with. Not to mention the final push for money before they closed. Fuck them.

Most of these points have been made probably...But my lazy eye could not be bothered to look back
    Last edited by bumrocks; 12-11-2013 at 04:51 AM.
    Anal is the only form of birth control shown to be 100% effective. Even abstinence failed once.

2. BitTorrent   -   #32
    YAY FOR TRADING/! BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    damn, has it really been that long? i've been out of the game for years and years

still miss you, fee fee; miss all the guys and gals that made sct happen

3. BitTorrent   -   #33
    brento's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by garbage View Post
    Today (November 29, 2009) was the sad day when ScT decided to shut their doors
    i'm still getting therapy for my ptsd

4. BitTorrent   -   #34
    I still miss it. :-(

5. BitTorrent   -   #35
    Quote Originally Posted by gomez125 View Post
    I still miss it. :-(
    Same here,.. same here.

6. BitTorrent   -   #36
    Mostly civil BT Rep: +3
    Quote Originally Posted by Night0wl View Post
    It was a routine scene site, but with one big difference, which you will most likely never see today. The majority of members actually used the site, which meant that it wasn't really a problem to seed, since seedbox space was lower and that meant the uploaders left the swarms pretty fast and regular members with slow lines stayed on to seed as long as needed. Which in turn meant that you could easily survive as a heavy user with a slow pipe. Also it pretty much always worked and loaded fast, thus stayed pretty active and interesting.

I don't believe there is any way to achieve this now with the acceptance of the majority of Bt-users that non-scene is almost always better quality.
    Really? That goes completely against what I've heard about ScT in that it was impossible for non-seedbox users to survive coz practically everyone had a box. Infact, Feeling did a giveaway and one of his requirements was seedbox users only.

Quote Originally Posted by Night0wl View Post
    Well shoot me for being a bit nostalgic. I miss the old days before OiNK, SCT and FTWR shut down.
    Specially miss the e-drama of chasing rare sites and the scorn that came with it. Also miss the trading vs anti-trading fights. Good times.
    Last edited by soulreaper; 12-24-2013 at 08:11 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

7. BitTorrent   -   #37
    YAY FOR TRADING/! BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    Quote Originally Posted by soulreaper
    Specially miss the e-drama of chasing rare sites and the scorn that came with it. Also miss the trading vs anti-trading fights. Good times.
    hell yeah those were fun times!

i made a few friends and a ton of enemies, but who gives a shit b/c none of them post here anymore

8. BitTorrent   -   #38
    Night0wl's Avatar GoaHead BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    Quote Originally Posted by soulreaper View Post
    Really? That goes completely against what I've heard about ScT in that it was impossible for non-seedbox users to survive coz practically everyone had a box. Infact, Feeling did a giveaway and one of his requirements was seedbox users only.
    Sure wasn't impossible. I was extreme user on there when it went down without ever donating for upload, hardly ever grabbing stuff I didn't want and all with 512kbps upload speed. I have however always seeded for long times and pretty much had the laptop on 24/7.

Never had trouble at any site being a non-seedbox user, although now I must admit I have started to prefer sites with at least some kind of bonus system or free leech. Simply to many autodownloaders now with lots of space grabbing everything and seeding it longer... which is great on sites with nice systems in place.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFoX View Post
    In the old days, if you misbehaved on a tracker, you got disabled, or worse, IP banned.

Nowadays, there are more trackers than there are members, so if your tracker misbehaves, they get bookmark removed, or worse, URL deleted.

9. BitTorrent   -   #39
    Funkin''s Avatar home skillet BT Rep: +4
    Quote Originally Posted by soulreaper View Post
    Really? That goes completely against what I've heard about ScT in that it was impossible for non-seedbox users to survive
    Yeah, it's true. At least for me it was. But then again I've always only had a 60kb/s up.

I struggled for a couple weeks. Then a friend let me use his box for a bit to rape packs and new files. But shortly after that time that i realized how completely stupid it was to use a box just to survive/buffer at a site that offers basically nothing different than others in its class(that and the fact that i thought the owner, most of the staff/and alot of the members were douchebags). So i just stopped logging in and moved on.

10. BitTorrent   -   #40
    Funkin''s Avatar home skillet BT Rep: +4
    Last edited by Funkin'; 01-01-2014 at 02:58 PM. Reason: your mom distracted me

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast