Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Anyone into hifi headphones?

DeadPoet's Avatar Poster
    Had the same issue with my pair of SR60i's. Luckily my mate is electronics freak so he replaced the cord and they are as good as new. I do love them, but I wish they would be a little bit more comfy. Anyone can suggest a pair of pads I could buy and replace the stock ones, as they are really worn out after all these years?

2. Music   -   #22
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadPoet View Post
    Anyone can suggest a pair of pads I could buy and replace the stock ones, as they are really worn out after all these years?
    I use the Grado L-cush pads. They feel quite a bit better, and do change the sound up a bit. Only downside is the foam they use is shit, and would seem to disintegrate around the 4 year mark.

http://www.earzonk.com/ear-zonk-l-cushions/ has em a couple bucks cheaper over the official ones.

3. Music   -   #23
    DeadPoet's Avatar Poster
    4 years seems allright for the price. Thank you.

4. Music   -   #24
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Last edited by megabyteme; 04-22-2014 at 06:14 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

5. Music   -   #25
    Thanks meg, I may make an attempt this weekend or next. I can't solder to save my life, so expect Michael J Fox-like shenanigans. I'll post pix from the burn ward.

6. Music   -   #26
    There should be a small, mom&pop-type electronics repair shop in your area. Make a few calls and see if someone is willing to help you make a couple solders. Any place that insists on a "minimum" or schematics for this won't be the place for you to get it done.

I usually put on my friendliest (yes, I've got one) personality and explain my small predicament. If the person seems friendly, but can't do it, ask if there is someone around there interested in a moderately priced 6-pack. Stay away from anything corporate- they'd most likely fire the person for misappropriation of company property AND having alcohol on the premises.
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

7. Music   -   #27
    why is there not many bluetooth hifi headphones does bluetooth have trouble sending good enough signal or what ? i was just curious why i don't see many to buy on the market.

8. Music   -   #28
    There are quite a few bluetooth options, but they are all susceptible to interference loss of signal, etc. Not often, but it does happen. Purists will be a long ways off before they believe in anything but pure gold/copper/adamantium spun from a virgin queen bee's rectum will sound good.

I enjoyed some BT Kinivos (which are popular on Amazon) until they started to regularly fail me. For $20, I'll get another sometime soon. Perhaps wait for another generation of BT tech to advance. Not bad unless you are a golden ear.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123