Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Recommendations

mjmacky's Avatar an alchemist?
    Quote Originally Posted by megabyteme View Post
    The cost of insurance has left us so squeaky tight we have no room for the inevitable surprise. Not sure what we will do when that happens as paying of the premiums is coming straight off the top of my wife's check (just how they like it, right), so it is no longer an optional expense. Coincidentally this "extra" is exactly half of our monthly food budget. Perhaps that is where we can "compromise"...

Having insurance was supposed to be a good thing, but when the premiums jump up next year (of course they will as the unwashed masses will begin actually going to doctors- bastards!) we will be in the inevitable spot of falling off the financial cliff. No, we haven't had the year you've been through, but it won't take much for us to get a taste of it.
    The fear part is becoming like me, isn't it?
    Everything is brought to you by Fjohürs Lykkewe.

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Quote Originally Posted by mjmacky View Post

You say lucky, but all of my life changes have resulted in a 2013 gross income of under $10k.
    I crunched the numbers and as close as my fake accounting degree can figure it,after rent, that leaves you with -$3478 for food,electricity,transportation and other such nonessentials.
    Respect my lack of authority.

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post

You say lucky, but all of my life changes have resulted in a 2013 gross income of under $10k.
    I crunched the numbers and as close as my fake accounting degree can figure it,after rent, that leaves you with -$3478 for food,electricity,transportation and other such nonessentials.
    Your math is correct, which is indicated by the government deeming his "fair" monthly premiums to be $60.

The fear part is becoming like me, isn't it?
    Like real people have lives that suck that much...
    Last edited by megabyteme; 12-23-2013 at 02:19 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    Prior's Avatar Cub-A-Holic
    I got me some Obamacare, holla!
    You got poor and unmarried just in time. Lucky bastard.
    My mother is a self employed artist and will be saving over 300 dollars per month via Obamacare. God forbid someone who works hard as their own boss not have to pay an arm and a leg for health care. PS: I'd still love an answer or two for my question

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Prior View Post
    My mother is a self employed artist and will be saving over 300 dollars per month via Obamacare. God forbid someone who works hard as their own boss not have to pay an arm and a leg for health care. PS: I'd still love an answer or two for my question
    I'm actually supportive of Obama's desire. However, implementation has been sabotaged by the inclusion of those already responsible for much of the past greed and corruption of our current system in finding a solution.

We are a single-income, family of 4 who were deemed "excluded" from the Exchange because I was "eligible" to purchase health insurance through my wife's work. The rates haven't changed from the price we could not afford over the past 5 years I've suffered through life-limiting back pain. Does not seem like much of a solution, IMO.

On topic: IPT has several packs of the Simpsons on permanent freeleech. Maybe someone can help you out, I find your request-to-anything-else ratio a bit too high, but you don't seem have a bad history otherwise. Do you have a general tracker besides TPB?
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    Prior's Avatar Cub-A-Holic
    Quote Originally Posted by Prior View Post
    I'm actually supportive of Obama's desire. However, implementation has been sabotaged by the inclusion of those already responsible for much of the past greed and corruption of our current system in finding a solution.

We are a single-income, family of 4 who were deemed "excluded" from the Exchange because I was "eligible" to purchase health insurance through my wife's work. The rates haven't changed from the price we could not afford over the past 5 years I've suffered through life-limiting back pain. Does not seem like much of a solution, IMO.

On topic: IPT has several packs of the Simpsons on permanent freeleech. Maybe someone can help you out, I find your request-to-anything-else ratio a bit too high, but you don't seem have a bad history otherwise. Do you have a general tracker besides TPB?
    Obamacare isn't meant to be the be-all-end-all for insurance woes. But for self employed individuals this program is incredibly valuable. Saving 300+ dollars per month, while being able to continue seeing your current doctors, is a life changing moment. Unfortunately its a lot easier for the media to point out website crashes than the effect this bill will have on the self employed. Also I receive insurance through my work, but because I make only 22 grand a year, I believe I may be eligible. That would be because the amount I pay for insurance is such a high percentage of my income.

Also could I please get an IPT invite. I was a demonoid user for a long time but now that they are back it doesn't seem as though their complete collection of torrents has returned. Here's a ratio proof I snapped a few weeks back:

http://i39.tinypic.com/2rf7faf.jpg
    Last edited by Prior; 12-23-2013 at 04:12 PM.

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    That's just the thing- as you have any insurance eligible (even crappy or unaffordable), it is unlikely you will legally be able to get insurance subsidy or purchase off the exchange. My wife's income, nor our number of children affected anything for us. Apparently, one needs to be destitute and unemployed, or otherwise ineligible to get insurance through a spouse's employer- most offer some non-enticing "opportunity", which f's things up for Obamacare.

As for your ratio proof, it is merely unenticing at 70%:

2rf7faf.jpg
    and I already mentioned I do not support those who come around only when they want something.

8. BitTorrent   -   #18

You're on the right track, but in reality, my additional debt surpasses $15k over this past year. I had to furnish the entire place with pretty much all cheap but new stuff. Monthly given expenses are in the range of $1400-1500, and food, gas, tobacco, etc. all get added onto that. I am now making over the essentials budget (rent, insurance, trash collection fees), which is good, but there will be so much atoning to do.

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    I am now making over the essentials budget (rent, insurance, trash collection fees), which is good, but there will be so much atoning to do.
    I'm sure you already have, but make sure you negotiate all of those med bills before beating yourself to death to pay off your other bills. If you show you are able to work a 70 hour week to pay, you will be expected to do so. Period. It is a mistake sooo many people make when they are trying to go to school. There is FAR more help available to those who aren't trying.

10. BitTorrent   -   #20
    I'm sure you already have, but make sure you negotiate all of those med bills
    I had been in the process of doing that at one point, but then some of them wanted me to fax them stuff, so I decided not to pay anyone.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12