Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Fuck. I gotta write two essays before Tuesday

IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Actually I'm just happy for anything that isn't posted in the Word Games section.
    Respect my lack of authority.

2. Lounge   -   #12
    chalice's Avatar ____________________
    Hoi Idol, have you read Morrissey's autobiography yet? It's like the bible only interesting and very well written indeed.

3. Lounge   -   #13
    No, but I did have OlegL PM me asking what's it about.

Actually,thanks.I hadn't heard of it but after reading a bit about it,I think I shall give it a go.

I like the fact that it's divisive and since the first paragraph is apparently four and a half pages long,obviously we share illiteracy in common.

Either that or he's a genius and I'm an idiot which I find hard to accept so I will just ignore that staring me in the face possibility.

4. Lounge   -   #14
    OlegL's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by chalice View Post
    Given what I know about Yeats, which is extensive, and about The Second Coming in particular, which is like catechism to Irish poetry scholars in general, you are a fucking spastic.

A really, really hopelessly ingrained remedial, mentally deficient excuse for a human. If I was your tutor I'd slap seven shades of stupidity out of you with the nearest sappling at hand. Kill yourself or plagiarize. The choice is yours.
    I had never heard about Yeats before I took this class.
    I love FST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. Lounge   -   #15
    Quote Originally Posted by OlegL View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by chalice View Post
    Given what I know about Yeats, which is extensive, and about The Second Coming in particular, which is like catechism to Irish poetry scholars in general, you are a fucking spastic.

A really, really hopelessly ingrained remedial, mentally deficient excuse for a human. If I was your tutor I'd slap seven shades of stupidity out of you with the nearest sappling at hand. Kill yourself or plagiarize. The choice is yours.
    I had never heard about Yeats before I took this class.
    Yeah, it shows.

6. Lounge   -   #16

7. Lounge   -   #17
    TheFoX's Avatar www.arsebook.com
    To learn about any subject, you need to be enthusiastic about learning it. With enthusiasm comes understanding. If, on the other hand, you see learning as a chore, then you will find it much harder to learn the subject.

Adults often find it easier to learn a new subject than children if it is something they desire to learn. I found English harder at school than I did at college, because when I did it at college, I desired to learn.

If you don't have a desire to learn, then you may as well walk away. You need that spark which will ignite the furnace of learning.

Another example of learning is when you study a foreign language. If you desire to learn that foreign language, you will pick it up more easily than if you consider it a chore.

It is not whether we are able to learn, but whether we WANT to learn. The brain will attach a more positive attachment to information we desire than information given matter of fact.

If you make learning fun, or rewarding, you'll retain more than if learning is dull, or routine.

So, to understand your project, you need to get excited over the subject matter. If you fail to ignite your desire to learn, you may as well give up now.

It is amazing how many people study because they think they must, rather than those who study because they WANT to. Those who have an interest in a subject get much better results than those don't. Even boring subjects can be made interesting simply by changing your viewpoint of the subject matter.

At the end of the day, success or failure is down to the individual and how they perceive the subject matter.
    Quote Originally Posted by OlegL
    You are one of the nicest and most mature people on this board; I would never ignore someone like you.

8. Lounge   -   #18
    OlegL's Avatar Poster
    Okay, I think I'll be able to enjoy writing the last essay.
    I love FST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9. Lounge   -   #19
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFoX View Post
    Wall o' test.
    See that's why Yeats is a celebrated poet and why people generally cross the street when they see you approaching.

Though the internet used to be called " the information superhighway", I unfortunately seem to be missing that option.

10. Lounge   -   #20
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Quote Originally Posted by OlegL View Post
    For one of my classes, I need to write two essays. I just don't know what to write.
    The Utopian ideas in the modern times

“Looking Backward” is obsessed about the idea of the world that is perfect and Utopian.
    Bellamy talks about the perfect world in which women, men, and children are equal.
    You get to write 2 essays over anything and that's what you choose to write about?

yo

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast