Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Fuck. I gotta write two essays before Tuesday

OlegL's Avatar Poster
    No, the third essay could be written about anything as long as it mentioned examples from the writings we studied since the midterm. I already submitted it. But now I am writing the essay whose topic is "what is the emergence of the modern?" It's a take home final exam that I am supposed to submit today before 7 PM EST. It's almost 1 pm now, but I only wrote 156 words in that essay. He wants us to write at least 750 words for this particular essay.
    Last edited by OlegL; 12-18-2013 at 05:45 PM.
    I love FST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. Lounge   -   #22
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFoX View Post
    You need that spark which will ignite the furnace of learning.
    Sometimes it's just a gas leak.
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

3. Lounge   -   #23
    Quote Originally Posted by OlegL View Post
    No, the third essay could be written about anything as long as it mentioned examples from the writings we studied since the midterm. I already submitted it. But now I am writing the essay whose topic is "what is the emergence of the modern?" It's a take home final exam that I am supposed to submit today before 7 PM EST. It's almost 1 pm now, but I only wrote 156 words in that essay. He wants us to write at least 750 words for this particular essay.
    You may just explore writing freely about ANYTHING that comes to mind (do not wory about spelling, punctuation, order, or structure) for 15 minutes. The only rule is that you do not stop typing/writing for that entire time. Set a timer and make yourself write whatever comes to mind. Take a few minutes before reviewing, then examine what you have. Some parts will need to be discarded, others can be used.

Consider it a brain dump. When you get stuck, sometimes you have to break out of the rut. Since you have 3 papers, you may end up with thoughts on each- just remember to not plagiarize yourself and use the same writing on more than one assignment.

Write. Write. Write. Right? Right!
    Last edited by megabyteme; 12-18-2013 at 06:51 PM.
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

4. Lounge   -   #24
    mjmacky's Avatar an alchemist?
    Education is not the filling of a pail, but the lighting of a fire.

I just made that up.

Of course some fires are infernos and some are a bunch of damp moss smoldering away into nothingness. Draw your own conclusions here.

I just made that "damp moss" bit up too.
    Education is either yanking semen from a cock, drawing sap from a tree, or pulling teeth from a tadpole. The subject must be willing and capable.

You were trying to describe intellect.
    Everything is brought to you by Fjohürs Lykkewe.

5. Lounge   -   #25
    OlegL's Avatar Poster
    I submitted the essay, so the semester is over. Let's hope the instructor will give me a better grade than a D for this class.

6. Lounge   -   #26
    I submitted the essay, so the semester is over. Let's hope the instructor will give me a better grade than a D for this class.
    Hopefully, you didn't turn in the brain dump I suggested. That's just for early-stage writing, not finalized stuff.

7. Lounge   -   #27
    Artemis's Avatar ¿ןɐɯɹou ǝq ʎɥʍ BT Rep: +3
    Quote Originally Posted by megabyteme View Post
    Hopefully, you didn't turn in the brain dump I suggested. That's just for early-stage writing, not finalized stuff.
    In Oleg's case it is less of a brain dump and more a case of evacuating his bowels on paper.....

4d7920686f76657263726166742069732066756c6c206f662065656c73

8. Lounge   -   #28
    Mr. Mulder's Avatar pepper your angus BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    2_24_12_Mexicans.jpg

"Si, Si, we all wrote essays"

9. Lounge   -   #29
    TheFoX's Avatar www.arsebook.com
    By the way (btw), you failed to mention which Tuesday these two essays had to be in by. I assume that school will close for Christmas, and that the first Tuesday of January is still a international holiday, leaving the second, third and fourth Tuesdays of January, plus those that will appear during the period of February to December 2014, and those of 2015, 2016 and 2017, by which time you should know whether you have passed or failed. Mind you, they may ask you to re-submit your essays, in which case you will probably get an extension that covers 2018 and 2019 (and maybe even 2020, by which time your eyesight should be more or less perfect).
    Quote Originally Posted by OlegL
    You are one of the nicest and most mature people on this board; I would never ignore someone like you.

10. Lounge   -   #30
    OlegL's Avatar Poster
    I submitted the third essay on December 17, which was Tuesday.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast