Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Demonoid is back, but from where

Speedo's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Demonoid tracker is back online but the site leave us with this http://www.demonoid.me/

Torrentfreak writes about it but I am still not sure it's an honetpot. I'm waiting to see if my login works and i any of my old torrents are indexed. How can you be sure?

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Alien5's Avatar μετά BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    Yeah it's called d2 and you can login.
    I could get a torrent to work but it not as good as it was.
    Last edited by Alien5; 01-10-2014 at 08:39 PM.

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    teflon05's Avatar Pessimistic Optimist BT Rep: +2
    Quote Originally Posted by Alien5 View Post
    Yeah it's called d2 and you can login.
    I could get a torrent to work but it not as good as it was.
    No, the Demonoid tracker is working again, and according to This article, the actual (original) site should be back soon. But who knows
    No drug, not even alcohol, causes the fundamental ills of society. If we're looking for the source of our troubles, we shouldn't test people for drugs, we should test them for stupidity, ignorance, greed and love of power. — P.J. O'Rourke

Sin lies only in hurting others unnecessarily. All other "sins" are invented nonsense. — Robert A. Heinlein (1907-1988)

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    Quote Originally Posted by teflon05 View Post
    according to This article, the actual (original) site should be back soon. But who knows
    If it's true, that's great news. I remember the tracker also came back shortly after their shutdown, but it was short-lived.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    D2.Vu

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    oddcat's Avatar Poster
    A tracert on the demonoid.me address takes you to Hengill in southwest Iceland. Scenic.

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Alien5 View Post
    D2.Vu
    This is a copy and paste from #demonoid on IRC(network_irc.p2p-network.net). Take it fwiw...."d2.vu is not demonoid, not run by demonoid admin or staff, and should not be supported. The site could be used to collect your usernames/passwords for their own use. Use at your own risk."
    Last edited by bbhaag; 01-14-2014 at 05:24 AM.

8. File Sharing   -   #8

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    teflon05's Avatar Pessimistic Optimist BT Rep: +2
    That is not Demonoid, it's Demonii and doesn't have any affiliation with Demonoid. If Demonoid does come back, it will probably be at http://www.demonoid.me/

Quote Originally Posted by anon View Post
    according to This article, the actual (original) site should be back soon. But who knows
    If it's true, that's great news. I remember the tracker also came back shortly after their shutdown, but it was short-lived.
    A lot of people put Demonoid down, but it was always my go-to tracker for programs and ebooks. Rarely was I unable to find what I was looking for there. I even uploaded there for a while. Over a TB of content actually ( & never one letter from any of the "AA's" or isp's) It's the only tracker I can say I have actually "missed" since it's been gone...and I've been in pretty much all of them
    Last edited by teflon05; 01-15-2014 at 10:21 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    No drug, not even alcohol, causes the fundamental ills of society. If we're looking for the source of our troubles, we shouldn't test people for drugs, we should test them for stupidity, ignorance, greed and love of power. — P.J. O'Rourke

Sin lies only in hurting others unnecessarily. All other "sins" are invented nonsense. — Robert A. Heinlein (1907-1988)

10. File Sharing   -   #10
    A lot of people put Demonoid down, but it was always my go-to tracker for programs and ebooks. Rarely was I unable to find what I was looking for there. I even uploaded there for a while. Over a TB of content actually ( & never one letter from any of the "AA's" or isp's) It's the only tracker I can say I have actually "missed" since it's been gone...and I've been in pretty much all of them
    I don't torrent much nowadays, but Demonoid was the first place I looked on when I had to find something old and/or rare. And there was a good chance of finding it there. In the regard, they were a fantastic resource (like a big virtual library as MBM often says) and I'm glad to hear they will be back.

That, and their return is a big middle finger to the fuckers who made it shut down.
    Last edited by anon; 01-16-2014 at 02:38 AM.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast