Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Is FTN coming back?

shosh's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    Annd the site's down for me.
    Well at least I know they're not gone. Haven't gotten new sites in years since ftwr.in went down (thats were I got all my top sites, I miss that place), so each loss hits a bit hard.

2. BitTorrent   -   #52
    dedro's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    down for me

3. BitTorrent   -   #53
    Poster BT Rep: +1
    there back up
    Last edited by mrtoke09; 02-09-2014 at 11:06 PM.

4. BitTorrent   -   #54
    MODERATION BT Rep: +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80
    Back up here too

5. BitTorrent   -   #55
    ExtraDry's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Its a site that's never tried to get to get to big,good crew. Glad to see them back
    Cloudflare made a lot of business with all the ddosing going on :-)

6. BitTorrent   -   #56
    Poster BT Rep: +4
    ftn is back and they put this messages

2014-02-09 19:43:06 GMT (5 days ago)
    Hey Everyone,

If you can see this, you're hitting the new node. Welcome back!

Figured I'd make a new news post rather than updating the last one to make sure this gets seen as I know we'll get questions about why seedboxes aren't working.
    We've gone ahead and added DDoS mitigation to the site so that should help out considerably. With that we've had to re-structure things a bit on the back-end, so there's now a new IP that you're tunneling through.

Why is that important you ask? If your seedbox client caches the IP, you'll need to restart it in order to grab the new IP. So before you ask why the tracker isn't working, restart your client.

Another important tidbit, only the ssl tracker is working right now. We'll fix that hopefully tomorrow.

There might still be some downtime as we're currently using a temporary node in part of our tunnel, but I should be able to get that fixed fairly quickly since our outermost IP shouldn't change for at least a month and if it does change, we'll try to make that change as smooth as possible.

That is all. Enjoy your cat videos.

-J

EDIT: I added download buttons to the browse page for everyone to make it a little easier to grab the SSL torrents for now (and to make it easier in general to download).

2/10/14 edit - We should hopefully be back to full operational status tomorrow including the non-ssl tracker as well as uploads. I appreciate you guys being so patient <3

2/11/14 edit - Have to push the above items back a little bit. Still waiting on a few more items and collaborating between different timezones is proving to be a challenge. Hang in there though, we should be golden by the weekend at the latest.

2014-02-08 21:09:02 GMT (6 days ago)
    Hey everyone,

Sorry for the downtime scare, we're still getting hit with DDoS attacks so we've been working to shift our configuration around a bit to better prevent these in the future. Our previous outer most node terminated our account which is what caused the lengthy downtime you noticed and we're running on a temporary outer node until our beefed up node comes online. The site will be slowly getting back up to full speed over time as we get everything where it needs to be.

The downtime wasn't without its positive outcomes though. I'll be the first to admit that I've let my life away from FTN take over which has vastly slowed down the evolution of the site here, but with everything lately I've become quite motivated to get FTN where it needs to be. I genuinely appreciate those of you who have stuck with us through the ups and downs and continued to support this site and its community.

I can't promise FTN will be up forever, but we won't go down without a fight. Hang in there with us while we work to get this place stable and humming like a finely tuned sports car.
    Last edited by modi; 02-15-2014 at 07:05 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

7. BitTorrent   -   #57
    Is FTN gone im unable to log in or do a password rest
    thanks
    tman

8. BitTorrent   -   #58
    Poster BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by tman88 View Post
    Is FTN gone im unable to log in or do a password rest
    thanks
    tman
    there up again
    Last edited by mrtoke09; 03-06-2014 at 06:42 PM.

9. BitTorrent   -   #59
    Any admins for ftn could use your help been a member since
    7/27/08
    error message when logging in =
    Please enter a username and password.
    password reset =
    The email address xxxxx @gmail.com was not found in the database.
    I have the original invite still from ven xxxxxxx
    i think I have been deleted
    Cheers
    tman
    ps im not good at irc

10. BitTorrent   -   #60
    Artemis's Avatar ¿ןɐɯɹou ǝq ʎɥʍ BT Rep: +3
    The IRC channel is where the support staff can be found to help you with this problem. IRC is THE way to resolve an issue like this, so it it is time to learn....

4d7920686f76657263726166742069732066756c6c206f662065656c73

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast