Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456

Thread: Anyone use Plex?

shaina's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolfan-Neil View Post
    Love my Plex setup. I'm running it as a service (search their forums, one of the users created the tool) and cast to two different Chromecasts on the first and second floor. I migrated over a year ago aft using my PS3 and XBOX360 to stream to my TVs with PS3MediaServer. Got fed up with it having issues with MKV and since it was running as a service, the issues it gave me when I wanted to do a Java update.

There has been no looking back since then. Plays anything I want and not issues.
    Plex is steaming Mkv files (HD Movies) to xbox 360 without the picture shuddering or freeze frames ??

And are you using WiFi or Hard Wired to router or modem/router??

Could you post some of your settings your using on plex , for it to work?? And are you still getting 5.1 sound ??

I am getting full sound with Universal Media Server (not the same as PS3 media server) , but the odd large MKV file . the picture still shudders or freezes on the xbox 360 only

thanks
    Last edited by shaina; 04-12-2015 at 06:44 AM.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #52
    Plex is simply fantastic. Hands down it is the best Media streaming/media management software available. I use it to stream my MKVs and stuff to my WDLive (Direct Play, No transcoding) most of the time. It also works to stream to PS3/4, Xbox 360/One iPad, iPhones etc.

It also keeps track of what you are watching and where you left off. Start watching a TV show on your TV and then go to the bedroom and stream to your iPad in bed. It really is quite awesome. All my devices are hardwired to Gigabit network (with the obvious exceptions) and all my media is stored on my 8tb Raid 10 array. It is quite fast.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456