Thread: Capturing FLASH from the WEB.

I'm trying to capture a news clip for the web which is in FLASH and was wondering what this best way of doing this? I've tried the add-ons from firefox, etc and they don't work? any suggestions?

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Donator
    Replay Video Capture 6, works for me...

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    I'm in the process of trying Bigasoft Video Downloader Pro, don't know if it'll work, if not, I'll try one you are recommending.

Thanks.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    If the video is being completely downloaded for buffering, you might be able to pull it out of your browser's cache/temp folder.
    Here's a simple tool to find media files in there: http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/video_cache_view.html

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Try
    Kastor Video Downloader

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    i have used snagit in the past and it does a pretty great job capturing videos from flash and other sources. Give it a shot. Here is the link.
    http://www.techsmith.com/snagit.html

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Xeon88
    GetFLV

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Nifty little utility. It has a little awkward interface and it won't make sense to PC n00bs, but it worked for me nicely. Thanks for the suggestion.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    i personally use freemake video encoder (doesnt seem to have any adware or anything, works pretty well.

for when you get the odd file that wont work though, similarly to @Kaesebroetchen's suggestion, i usually open and play it in opera, let it finish downloading, and then copy the file in the cache folder... you can see the filesize growing in explorer as the video buffers in the browser.
    If you open the file in a text editor, you can see the filetype in the first line (eg, .mp4) for when you rename it.