Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Video editing sw

Another vote for Vegas, I did look around at freebies a while ago but couldn't find anything I got on with.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    I use vegas quite a bit, steep learning curve.
    But if you want a freebie AVIDemux is also very good.
    Drag and drop the dvd iso into it. It Has the basic editing functions and can save out to many different formats.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    I agree cyberlink power director is great.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    premir and power director are my fav's

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    Vegas is deffo recommendable!

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    All the previous mentioned will do a good job. I learnt Premiere years ago and have stuck with it. It can do the most simple compilation, or make complex multi-layered compositions.

Once you find one you like within your budget you can use the online tutorials and guides to get up to speed and experiment with it. Main thing is to have fun and let your artistic side try things out, once you learn the software you won't get bogged down with the technicalities.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #17
    depends on what u want to edit mate , if its simple cutting out stuff then don't complicate things and use something simple , freemake video is good for chopping and converting to many formats , if on the other hand u want to add effects etc vegas is the 1 , or you could use nero but there all complicated which ever one u choose

8. Software & Hardware   -   #18
    I have been learning some of the features in Premiere Pro for web based vids and I find it works well, despite the steep learning curve as many others have mentioned.

If simple is what you want windows movie maker might do the trick.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #19
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    A few generations ago, I used pegasys-inc products (TMPGEnc). Not sure if they have gotten better or worse lately, but were easy to use when I did.
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #20
    TMPEnc was my go to for DVD's as well years ago, but since I got a WDTV live box I don't make too many DVD's anymore unless its for someone else. TMPEnc is not fancy but it got the job done. Since your coping VHS (not the greatest quality) it seems silly to use some powerful app to convert to DVD. Except for Grass Valley Canopus I don't know of a converter that will make a VHS copy better and I think you need its hardware as well to get the best results. If you like free, try searching this "open source DVD creator" and look on Source Forge for freeware.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast