Thread: Modern Jazz

Give me tips of your favorite modern jazz artists, I like Robert Glasper, Donald Fagen. Give me some tips what you like.

2. Music   -   #2
    I guess it depends on your definition of modern jazz, I listen to Peter White, Paul Hardcastle, Walter Beasley, Aoustic Alchemy, Earl Klugh they are what they call soft jazz.

3. Music   -   #3
    Im a huge Chris Botti fan. Saw him in concert last year.

4. Music   -   #4
    yes I would agree I forgot to put him on the list! have several of his cd's

5. Music   -   #5
    I do like Acoustic Alchemy, older albums.

6. Music   -   #6
    I consider modern jazz anything that isn't standards from the 20s and 30s that has improvisation in it so the scope can be rather large. Pat Metheny isn't a huge 'modern act' since hes been about for a couple decades but still plays today and has some great records. Esbjörn Svensson Trio is rather good although the piano player died so what is out is it but what is out is really good I think also check out Tingvall trio, and Brad Mehldau's trio. Botti can definitely play but the only record I listened to of his was Summer Sessions when I was in hs and wasn't really a fan, its a little cheesy for my tastes.

7. Music   -   #7
    I'm a smooth jazz fan. Paul Hardcastle, Dave Grusin, Craig Chaquico, Chuck Loeb, Peter White, Acoustic Alchemy, Special EFX, Fattburger, Foreplay, very fond of the Rippingtons. There are many many more artists I like.
    Paris Match is a Japanese Smooth Jazz group.